Hilton Commis Chef in Adelaide, Australia
- Seeking a Full Time Commis Chef
- Develop your career at this prestigious5 star, 374 room hotel
- Based at the Hilton Adelaide hotel ,CBD opposite Victoria Square
You will beresponsible for engaging our guests and customers by providing them with theutmost in customer service. You willcreate memorable guest experiences by efficiently assisting our guests in afriendly and engaging manner.
Your servicephilosophy will be to fill the earth with the light and warmth of Hospitality –by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time.
About Hilton Hotels
Hilton is built on our Values of H ospitality, I ntegrity, L eadership, T eamwork, O wnership and N ow (H.I.L.T.O.N) , and we are committed todemonstrating these values to our Guests and our Team Members every singleday. Whilst each value is essential,Hospitality comes first, because it is truly at the heart of everything we do. We are Hilton. We Are Hospitality.
About the role
In your new role as Commi Chef, youwill utilise your creative flair and passion for food to ensure high qualityfood production for hotel outlets, which meets the standards expected by HiltonHotels.
You will work with the team and manageyour time and workspace accordingly, in order to prepare the daily requiredfood for various culinary operations within the hotel, while ensuring allhygiene and Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) requirements are consistently met.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, youwill work on a rotating shift basis, and enjoy working in a fast-pacedenvironment.
- Conduct allnecessary mis-en-place required by the kitchen team in a timely manner
- Reduce andavoid food wastage
- Manage and maintain a clean working environment
- Assist the team with general food preparation
- Work effectively within the Kitchen team to ensure high food standards
- Meet all hygiene and WHS requirements
- Culinary operations include: Conference & Events, CoalCellar Grill, The Collins Bar &Room Service
- It is essential that you have atminimum a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Previous Apprentice Chef or Commis Chefexperience in a large organisation
- Confidentcommunication skills and positive manner
- Excellent planning, organising andtime management skills
- Ability to work within a team
- The flexibility and availability to workweekends, early morning breakfast shifts and on a rotating roster
- And, of course, someone who takes greatpride in producing high quality food at all times
Culture and benefits
Our team areresponsible for living up to our brand promise of ‘ensuring that every guestfeels cared for, valued and respected’ we achieve this by ensuring our BlueEnergy culture is alive in each of our hotels. Blue Energy is the unspokenenergy and passion behind each of our dedicated team members who are focused onmaking a difference. It links our vision ‘To fill the earth with the light andwarmth of hospitality’ – to our values of ‘Hospitality’, ‘Integrity’,‘Leadership’, ‘Teamwork’, ‘Ownership’ and ‘Now’. As a Hilton team member youcan expect to receive;
- Acompetitive industry wage rate
- Teammember only discount - global Hilton room rates
- Discountsof up to 50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Accessto Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
- Careerdevelopment planning and opportunities
Title: Commis Chef
Requisition ID: HOT045M3