Schneider Electric Industrial Design Manager in Adelaide Gepps Cross, Australia
Who are we?
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management and automation. We are dedicated to supplying our customers with safe, reliable and sustainable energy solutions. We invent technologies that will transform the places where we live, work and play.
What do we stand for? When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
What is the role? Driving leading edge creativity, you will be responsible for managing the design of all of our projects in the Pacific Zone (PZ), including smart home, wiring devices and other electrical equipment. In addition, you will:
- Plan and manage all industrial design activity for the PZ;
- Manage brand design and ensure consistency of Schneider Electric and its associated brands offers in the PZ;
- Execute, directly or with the support of local design agency, industrial design projects and generate new concepts relevant to our markets and customers;
- Work closely with the internal team and external agencies on design projects which have been given to the design lab (concept, project, prototyping);
- Participate in monthly design project reviews, presenting key projects of the design lab; Evaluate costs and optimise budget for external agency projects; annual budget evaluation for the PZ design lab;
- Ensure close collaboration and constructive communication between R&D;, marketing, industrialization business units.
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident Technical Sales Professional who wants to work for a value’s based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
- Graduate qualifications in industrial design;
- Substantial experience working within a design team with integrated design, strategy and production conception within a large organization or agency;
- Proven experience managing industrial design, including product, graphics and packaging;
- Demonstrated capability in inspiring, providing vision and design direction to others;
- Ability to translate user needs, technical realities, brand attributes and business needs into compelling products that embody a positive experience;
- Ability to drive design thinking and user centric innovation;
- Highly developed visualisation skills (Sketch, 3D modelling, 3D rendering);
- Understanding of manufacturing process;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary programs in parallel
Why us? At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are passionate about our customers, our people, our business and our technology. We are positive in our approach to finding solutions that better our lives.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia at the time of application.
Please note we reserve the right to close applications before advertised end date.
Primary Location: AU-South Australia-Adelaide - Gepps Cross
Unposting Date: Aug 14, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 003MMN