Hilton Purchasing and Administration Officer in Alice Springs, Australia
A Purchasing and Administration Clerk will support the negotiation of contracts, purchasing of required goods, and record-keeping as it related to transactions and vendor performance. They will support the General Manager and Heads of Department in general administration duties
What will I be doing?
As Purchasing and Administration Clerk, you will support the negotiation of contracts, purchasing of required goods, and record-keeping as it related to transactions and vendor performance. You will also support the General Manager and Heads of Departments with general administration duties. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Group Nominated suppliers where applicable
- Ensure locally Nominated supplier information is kept current
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all Hilton policies and standards are upheld
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations
- Prepare the month end accounts reports in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain Hilton Safety and Security reports and checklists. Assist General Manager with Monthly, quarterly and annual updates
- Update hotel compendiums, menus, and other media and prepare for order placement.
- General Administration duties for all Departments as requested
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Hotel Management
What are we looking for?
A Purchasing and Administration Clerk serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the hotel/leisure sector
- Previous experience in a similar purchasing role
- Relevant degree, in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Procurement and Purchasing
Title: Purchasing and Administration Officer
Requisition ID: HOT04FIG