General Dynamics Information Technology Security Administrative Specialist - Intermediate, TS SCI Req'd in Alice Springs, Australia
Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance.
The Security Administrative Specialist provides support to the Office of Security and Counterintelligence (OS&CI) senior managers in areas of division and operational administrative security functions. The services shall support the offices of the agency and others as required.
• Maintain tracking records and filing systems; archives files as necessary
• Recommend new administrative support processes
• Execute agency and local Directorate/Office security in and out processing requirements
• Issue security related equipment; records; receipts; or supplies
• Maintain a schedule of appointments for a manager or offices
• Schedule polygraph testing
• Answer security related telephone calls; directs calls to the appropriate branch or office; and take messages
• Research; records; and reports statistical analysis for historical and planning purposes
• Provide security support for passing; verifying; and receiving clearances; confirming Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) security eligibility; processing visitor requests; processing requests for agency Badges; and processing Visit Certifications and Perm Certifications
• Update security data; run inquiries; provide quality control; develop reports using various IC and/or DoD databases
• Provide support coordinating; tasking and managing security action responses from internal agency; other Government; and industry organizations
• Maintain and update appropriate security related databases
• Provide administrative/customer support duties for access control and physical security support to the agency Headquarter buildings
• Issue and manage badges for Headquarters personnel and visitors
• Update data; provide quality control; run reports; and use the Monitor Dynamics Inc. system and Lenel Systems for proper badging; Visit Request and Badging System (VRBS); Access Polygraph Investigative Collection System (APICS); and others as needed
• Process certifications for access via fax; email; electronic message format and IC databases for visitors' access for daily visit or multiple visits up to one year
• Assist with badge issues; provide visitors information support; directions and assist in contacting visitor POC
• Assist with onboarding and out-processing of personnel to include badge creation for new personnel and badge destruction for departed personnel as well as assist in updating accesses for personnel
• Assist in the set-up and conduct of the weekly briefing for new personnel introduction to the agency
• Provide guidance and assist with security specific needs for office renovations and move management activities; such as; but not limited to; review of furniture for classified information; review of facilities for SCI Facility requirements; working with facilities and communication personnel to assist in defining requirements; scheduling moves; etc.
• Assist with work pertaining to the procurement; inventory control; and destruction of cryptographic material utilized by the agency
• Serve as an OS&CI Custodial Property Officer tracking security related equipment and accountable property for the respective branches
• Conduct security in-briefings and de-briefings related to security compartmented programs and office specific programs
• Support field offices; including polygraph; to include generating tasking lists; providing program and personnel security requests for examinations
• Interface in person and telephonically with outside federal agencies; requesting reports; referring and scheduling examinations; and answering general questions about the agency polygraph program
• Work with agency Program Security Officers to process requests for examinations; gather or provide information about prospective examinees
• Research; record; and report population statistical data for analysis and planning purposes of operational polygraph travel missions
• Collect; interpret; and produce weekly; monthly and yearly branch reports and statistics which includes multiple data reports from APICS
• Schedule; organize; and prepare read-aheads for the adjudication board and log/prepare all customer correspondence packages from the branch for mailing
• Provide administrative support for case tracking and provide monthly reports to management
• Assist in development and coordination of OS&CI yearly Instructor Led Training (ILT) and Computer Based Training; to include user testing; training schedule; and advertising course offerings
• Coordinate registration and confirmation for OS&CI ILT courses; checks clearances for students attending courses and provides day to day correspondence with students and addresses questions
• Coordinate logistics for off-site locations; provide logistical class configurations and reproduction of course materials
• Update and archive student training records with OS&CI provided courses
• Execute Special Access Programs (SAP) and Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO) administrative security actions; in compliance with governing documents; to ensure customers are postured to support interfaces with the SAP and IJSTO communities
• Provide classification review of SAP documents prior to release
• Maintain billet rosters for all IJSTO accessed individuals through the agency and DoD SAPs
• Assist in establishing and disestablishing SAP Facilities for discussion; processing and storage of sensitive program data
• Assist customers in establishing Co-use and Joint-use Agreements as related to SAP and IJSTO programs
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2-5 years of related experience in facility or industrial security administration, preferably in the government contracting industry.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
Oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers' routine questions in a clear and concise manner
Knowledge of security specific systems; databases; websites; and software; including Facility and Information Security Accreditation Tool; VRBS; APICS; Scattered Castles; Joint Personnel Adjudication System or their successors
Experience with personnel security policies and practices
Experience in access control; security personnel and physical security functional areas; to include but not limited to access control software and systems; personnel security policies and procedures; and facility physical security requirements
Experience working in an environment with compartmented programs.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.