Kao USA Inc. Graphic Designer in Box Hill, Australia
Kao is a leading global organisation in the Hair/Beauty & Home Care industries. With over 130 years’ experience in creating innovative solutions for customers, this business will continue to expand. Kao has a unique opportunity to join our Salon division, based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne.
This opportunity exists for a talented Graphic Designer to join our team. Reporting through to the Marketing Manager, the role will be responsible for producing all creative assets for the Goldwell and KMS brands. Working in a high performance team, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate a can-do attitude and have the ability to produce a wide range of creative materials, with a balance of adapting globally produced materials to be relevant for the Australian market, and creating new materials aligned to Goldwell and KMS brand style guides.
We are seeking both excellent communication and technical skills - a person who can build on existing creative materials provided by the Global brand lead, but creatively tailor to be relevant for the Australian region. We are ideally seeking a professional with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of in-house or agency Graphic Design. If you have less experience but believe you have a track record of success that will allow you to be an applicant, we'd like to hear from you.
- Producing all creative assets for the Goldwell and KMS brands, including but not limited to brand imagery, digital advertising, website imagery, POS materials, education brochures and booklets
- Optimising presentation materials ideally in PowerPoint
- Creating packaging artwork for special packs, such as Christmas gifting
- Developing promotional materials for annual events
- Asset management for consistent filing protocols
- Assisting the Marketing Team with final proofing and production of materials
- Creating and sourcing promotional items
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office (PowerPoint)
- Strong proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign (Creative Cloud)
- Ability to prioritise, organize and manage time effectively with high attention to detail
- Experience in pre-press, page layout and file conversion / preparing finished art for printing
- Preferred exposure to working with Print and Production agencies, approving finished art
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment and works well under pressure
- Resourceful, proactive and possesses the initiative to find solutions
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver on deadlines and work autonomously
- Hair/beauty/B2B/FMCG category experience would be highly advantageous
The successful candidate will receive full support and training to ensure a smooth transition into the role. A generous package, training and development, product discounts and further career path development are additional benefits.
Job ID: 2017-3019
Brand: Goldwell, KMS
Location: AU - VI - Box Hill