Hilton Assistant Concierge in Brisbane, Australia
An Assistant Head Porter assists the Head Porter with the supervision of daily Porter operations and responsibilities and uses Guest satisfaction data to improve operations.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Head Porter, you will assist the Head Porter with the supervision of daily Porter operations and responsibilities and use Guest satisfaction data to improve operations. The Assistant Head Porter interacts with Guests and contributes to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Head Porter with the supervision of the daily Porter operations to a consistently high standard
- Ensures that the Porters' objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies and procedures are met
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Porters with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Porters have a current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies as well as a good understanding of the local area
- Maximise Sales revenues through up-selling and marketing programs
- Monitor Guest satisfaction reports and implement actions to improve results
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel areas
An Assistant Head Porter is required to perform the following physical duties:
- Continuous walking/ standing for periods of approximately 8 hours with the exception of normal work breaks.
- Regular pushing of luggage trollies weighing 20 – 100 kilograms
- Lifting guest luggage weighing between 5 - 30 kilograms
- Regular twisting and bending
What are we looking for?
Assistant Head Porters serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Experience in the hotel, leisure or retail sector
- Possesss strong commercial awareness and Sales capabilities
- Excellent leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Excellent grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in a supervisory role for a Hotel Front Office/Concierge department
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Assistant Concierge
Requisition ID: HOT04983