Bechtel Corporation Construction Resource Centre Administrator Job in Brisbane, Australia
Requisition ID: 185559
Bechtel is a global provider of engineering, construction, and project management services with a reputation for excellence and innovative project delivery. An immediate opportunity exists, within our Mining and Metals business unit to be part of the exciting Rio Tinto Amrun Bauxite project, in far north Queensland.
The Amrun Project encompasses the engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) of a range of infrastructure required to support a new bauxite mine on part of Rio Tinto’s existing lease, south of the Embley River, between Weipa and Aurukun on the Western Cape York Peninsular. This includes the construction of a bauxite mine, accommodation, processing plant, dam, tailings storage facility, roads, export wharf, and ferry terminals to transport the workforce from Weipa to the mine. At the request of Traditional Owners, the project is known as Amrun—the Wik‑Waya name for the area.
The Home Office team will be based in the Brisbane CBD, supported by the New Delhi Execution Unit. The Field Office team will be located at the job site with camp accommodation provided and a FIFO work roster.
The Construction Resource Center (CRC) Administrator role shall support the Project CRC Facility junction by providing a key support role to the CRC Supervisor and Mobilization Officers. Core responsibilities shall entail confidential data entry; regular production of and distribution of reports from project data bases; Liaising with Contractor recruitment personnel to assist with mobilisation; The position is Brisbane based.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Providing administration assistance to facilitate the mobilisation of manual craft personnel, non-manual personal, temporary workers, service permit holders and visitors in accordance with Project procedures and applicable legislation.
1. Responding to phone and e-mail enquiries in relation to Project employment.
2. Review and process Registration of Interest Forms (including attachments) received by mail, email and over the counter.
3. Maintaining all necessary records, both manual and electronic, in accordance with Project procedures.
4. Maintenance, archiving and secure disposal of Subcontractor files.
5. Preparation of Welcome Packages and provide assistance to Employment Officer with mobilisation of employees onto the Project.
6. Attend weekly Workforce Services meetings where required. Ensure that information or actions from this meeting are transferred to CSF team members. Attend the weekly CSF team member meetings.
7. Other tasks as designated by the CRC Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Provision of a multi-customer service function in a dynamic Project office environment-Required;
2. Previous work experience with Bechtel Workforce Services systems-Preferred;
3. Minimum 12 months experience working in a similar role (Construction/Resource Recruitment)-Required;
4. Minimum 12 months experience working with a shared e-mail account, successfully managing high volumes of email communication with high degree of accuracy-Required;
5. Minimum 12 months current experience maintaining online data bases and booking systems-Required;
6. Minimum intermediate level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Demonstrated knowledge and maintenance of filing systems and office administration systems-Required;
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills-Required;
8. Excellent telephone manner and interpersonal skills-Required;
9. Strong comprehension of requirements associated with reviewing trade certificates, equipment tickets/licenses, Verification of Competencies (VOC’s) and trade qualifications including foreign equivalency-Required
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.