Cisco Consulting Systems Engineer in Brisbane, Australia
Consulting Systems Engineer
- Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center, Networking
- Job Id 1206562
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networkingindustry? With the acquisition of Meraki, Cisco formed the CloudNetworking Group and created the fastest growing group within thecompany. Quickly becoming known as the most successful acquisition inCisco’s history, the Cloud Networking Group is crushing its sales targets andcontinuing to win new logos in the commercial and enterprise markets.
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated,technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s Cloud Networking Group (CNG)as our next Consulting Systems Engineer. In this role, your primaryresponsibility will be to team up with a rock star Product Sales Specialist andperform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. Thisposition is based in your home office with frequent travel to regional Ciscooffices and customer sites. Utilizing your in-depth knowledge of CNG’snetworking solutions and our competitors' offerings, you will clearlydemonstrate the advantages to both prospects and partners. We highly leverageour presales engineers, which means you have the opportunity to make greatmoney while contributing to the success of the entire organization.
* Responsibilities *
- Act as the technical subject matter expert, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all enterprise level customers
- Understand customer requirements for wireless networks and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with current infrastructure, as well as service future needs
- Create product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- Perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- Provide technical guidance to channel partners and assist them in effectively selling the Cisco Meraki solution +
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have field pre-sales experience; ASE / CSAP grads preferred
- Expert knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Solid understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Proven track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and proven negotiation techniques
- Great relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience and presentation skills.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CWNA, CCWP are a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to travel 50+%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline required
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.