Microsoft Corporation Prin Consultant in Canberra, Australia
(Role is to be based in Canberra only)
Microsoft Enterprise Services is seeking an experienced CRM Solution Architect to join the Dynamics Global Practice team. Microsoft Enterprise Services organization launched the Dynamics Global Practice with the following Mission: Strengthen capabilities to win and deliver successful Microsoft Dynamics engagements to accelerate adoption and productive use in the Enterprise.
The Dynamics Global Practice:
The Dynamics Global Practice provides delivery support in the form of architectural assistance, technical and functional delivery, review services or project management for the top critical business solution implementations based on Dynamics CRM in the enterprise. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual who possesses an Enterprise CRM background and business solutions experience. The CRM Solution Architect applies advanced analysis skills and experience in the domain of customer relationship management to define appropriate customer solutions, to develop detailed solution architecture and estimates for customer implementations. The ideal candidate has a track record of technical and business excellence with the proven ability to map customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions. This person will have demonstrated the ability to engage in senior level technology discussions related to business agility, IT value, and CRM technologies.
Ready to shift your primary focus from being the expert with a single product, technology, or solution space to growing broader integration skills across multiple technologies in extremely complex environments? Want to connect the solutions you envision to the business and measure impact to the bottom line of the company? Interested in leveraging your abstract thinking skills and employing strong architectural process skills to create innovative solutions for the largest organizations in the world? Want to advice the local practice on the lighthouse projects they should be involved in? Are you interested in having first-hand knowledge of the roadmaps for the broadest and most innovative technology stack available in today and tomorrow’s marketplace?
Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and driving customer-centric product improvement.
The Architect in Enterprise Services is involved in risk management for the practice as well as the entire IT lifecycle but is most critical during pre-sales, discovery and design phases, with broad focus around enterprise, industry, platform and solutions. Duties include:
Providing customer guidance during product and services sales cycle
Playing a vital part in business strategy by providing internal practice management risk assessment
Driving successful solution deployments by ensuring proper business value and customer/partner satisfaction
• Growing the business through mentoring, talent pipeline development, and community evangelism
• Driving operational excellence and innovation
The Dynamics Global Practice CRM Architect helps account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving existing projects. Architects are key enablers for Microsoft Enterprise Services and Microsoft Partner teams – a key goal is to improve the readiness of local/regional teams and partners who are engaged in critical pre-sales activities for large, complex and strategic projects on the new Dynamics CRM 2013 platform and the CRM Online cloud solution. As a member of Dynamics Global Practice he or she routinely acts as subject matter expert, assisting customers, partners and Microsoft teams in the most critical and difficult implementations. Architects are able to deliver effective strategic presentations to audiences of all sizes and possess excellent communication skills. They maintain extensive product group relationships and drive technical readiness for CRM solutions with product certifications and specific ISV packaged solutions expertise as needed.
Main Profile Requirements:
Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
• A fluent command of English language plus additional Asian language will be an advantage
• Strong relevant working experience including expertise in enterprise CRM implementations as well as application deployment and/or distributed system implementation
• Deep Know-How and proven record of applying CRM in one or more industries i.e. Telecommunication, Retail, Financial Services, Public Sector etc.
• Current and deep experience with implementing large CRM solutions on the Microsoft or competitive technology
• Qualifications include hands-on experience with multi-phase, enterprise-wide CRM implementation with focus on presales/business development as well as engagement delivery
• Desirable technical experience includes hands-on expertise in several of the following Microsoft products or technologies: .NET, SQL Server, BizTalk, SharePoint, Office, Active Directory and application architecture.
• Deep experience in CRM data modeling in specific industry and Enterprise environment
• Sound Experience in performance optimization by using third party tools or other related optimization tools and technologies
• Sound experience in working with Multi National & Offshore / Onsite team
• Proven communication skills in dealing with technical and business people
• Work experience should involve pre-sales support, technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, development, deployment, and management
• Proven record of delivering business value
• Sound Business & Technical Knowledge of integrating CRM with the other third party systems i.e. ERP, Billing and etc.
• Proven experience of Enterprise Architecture in a complex system.
• Proven experience of Enterprise Architecture in complex heterogeneous environments
• Proven experience in presales activities including responding to any type of RFXs, Proof of Concepts, Demo , Presentations and positioning in front of C-Level Executives
• Proven experience selling consulting engagements which includes estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk.
• Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex development topics to both executive and technical personnel.
• An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers.
• Working knowledge of specialized tools, solutions or ISV whether they be Microsoft partners or competitors.
• Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies such as Sure Step, SDM and Agile.
• Exceptionally demonstrated consulting skills.
• Large enterprise deployment experience in complex heterogeneous environments
• Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of actually doing all phases of an application delivery project.
Travel may vary depending on customers’ assignments and candidate’s location.
Join the Dynamics Global Practice TO LEAD AND SERVE OUR CUSTOMERS AND PARTNERS AS THEY REALIZE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL THROUGH SOFTWARE AND SERVICES.
Customer service & support