Honeywell HBS Security Technician - QLD in Cannon Hill, Australia
HBS Security Technician
At Honeywell we are driven to create teams with a mix of styles, thinking and people – because we know that keeps us at the cutting edge of innovation.
Our employees collaborate to turn bright ideas into real life solutions that positively affect the world in which we live. Using innovative technologies that make our world cleaner and more sustainable, secure, connected, energy efficient and productive, Honeywell is committed to delivering big results in everything we make and do.
We have currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Security Technician to join our QLD service team, based in central Brisbane.
The purpose of the role is to service customer sites with a focus on maintaining high level hardware/software and network assets including network switches, routers, time servers, servers, RAID systems, workstations, EBI, DVM, VMD, Biometrics, IP Intercoms, IP Cameras, NVR’s, DAR’s and DVR’s, to maximise customer satisfaction and minimise customer site downtime by providing exceptional technical support.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Service and maintenance of Honeywell and third party equipment (as per trade expertise)
• Day to day servicing, calibrations and maintenance.
• Configuration of Security systems hardware and software
• Diagnoses Fault and repairs on Security Head end systems
• Software load and Configuration of EBI / DVM Systems.
• Small to Medium project installations including managing Subcontractors.
Education / Qualifications / Experience
• Intermediate to High computer skills
• Cabling licence, with structured, fibre and coax competencies
• Electrical or Electronics Associate Diploma or higher an Advantage
• Fault finding and repairs to Electronic equipment
• Experience with Honeywell control systems and EBI products in Security, Fire and HVAC applications is an advantage.
• Experience with management, repair and maintenance of IT systems including hardware and software
• Detailed knowledge of networking including VLANS and routing. IP addressing and network troubleshooting skills.
• Prior experience with HP Procurve core switch configuration and maintenance. Back up and restoration, disaster recovery.
• Prior experience with windows operating systems from XP through to Server 2012. Ability to configure and install.
• Cabling licence with structured, fiber and coax competencies.
• Knowledge of Acronis backup software or similar industry standard.
• Knowledge of Serial communication RS485/232
Honeywell offers an inclusive, flexible and supportive culture, with merit based pay for performance, along with ongoing training and development opportunities for those that have the desire to succeed.
We work hard to make the world a better place. With the support of a global organisation and a culture of teamwork and camaraderie that is second to none, Honeywell employees can navigate their way around the world and progress from career to career within the same dynamic company. Our employees are encouraged to be visionaries and they achieve great things to build a team of results-oriented individuals, then empower them to make the world a better place.
Where will your visions lead you?
Honeywell Building Solutions delivers integrated technology solutions that help our customers become safer, more secure, productive, energy efficient and competitive, whilst improving comfort conditions and compliance with new legislation. We have built a global reputation for delivering competitive advantage to our customers through design, implementation and support of cost-effective solutions that are aligned with business processes, objectives and outcomes, coupled with an absolute focus on customer satisfaction. For more than 60 years, HBS has delivered solutions to business, industry, and consumers in the Pacific region. As an affiliate of Honeywell International Inc., we are part of a highly diversified global technology and manufacturing company represented in 95 countries with offices in New Zealand, and in every state and territory in Australia.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply for this position.
Honeywell - Finalist 2016 AHRI awards – Best workplace diversity and inclusion program
- Job ID: 00347274
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: Cannon Hill, QLD AUS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.