AbbVie Remuneration and Benefits Manager in Mascot, Australia
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. The company’s mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. AbbVie employs approximately 25,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
Summary of Job Description:
The purpose of this role is to work across the Australia and New Zealand business supporting the HR Director and managing HR operations including compensation and benefits, employee benefit programs & reporting.
The role will ensure all AbbVie benefit programs deliver a compelling employee value proposition. It will develop, maintain, review and promote Abbvie’s employee benefit programs. This includes workers compensation, superannuation and insurances.
Liaise with external providers & stakeholders to ensure Abbvie benefits are cutting edge and lead the market.
Major Responsibilities: *
Responsible for compensation and benefits related activities such as salary review, salary survey submission, salary benchmarking, and provides salary recommendations to the talent acquisition and other senior managers.
Responsible for employee benefits such as superannuation, insurances, long service and other rewards/recognition programs.
Manage the Australian and New Zealand superannuation schemes by:
- Coordinating the Policy Committee.
- Providing information and support to employees on superannuation related benefits.
- Liaising with Funds on changes to legislation and organising for the funds to provide ongoing education services to members.
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of Payroll legislation, Superannuation legislation, Workers Compensation Legislation, Share Schemes and insurance offerings (TPD, Life and salary continuance) .
- Maintain the executive Health benefits scheme.
- Maintain AbbVie’s relationship with Lease plan to ensure this offering meets AbbVie’s requirements.
- Regularly review and promote AbbVie’s benefits programs.
- Ensure workers compensation contracts are reviewed annually and liaise with finance to raise POs and ensure these are paid on time.
- Ensure Workers compensation premium costs are kept to a minimum through effective claims administration.
- Support the annual completion of the WGEA report in consultation with the HR BP.
- Provide ad hoc analysis reports for the HR team as required (through Workday)
- Support the area mobility team to ensure expats visa and benefits are correct.
- Go to person that provides ANZ specific content, legislative requirements and change requests to payroll manager in Singapore.
Extensive experience remuneration and benefits, salary bench marking, the annual salary review process and salary survey submission
Experience in dealing with workers compensation, superannuation, insurances and employee benefits
Experience with payroll systems an advantage
Experience with Workday preferred
Essential Skills & Abilities: *
- Strong stakeholder management skills, both internal and external
- Experienced change manager
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in managing complex HR/remuneration projects
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to manage rapidly changing priorities calmly and efficiently
- Maintains highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to deal with sensitive and difficult situations in consultation with HR team
- Ability to multi task
- Strong EQ
- Commercially astute
- Exercise sound judgment with minimal supervision
All for One AbbVie Clear and Courageous Decide Smart and Sure Agile and Accountable Make Possibilities Real
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: HUMAN RESOURCES
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Mascot
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Req ID: 1703753