Aon Corporation Assistant Underwriter, Melbourne in Melbourne, Australia
Aon is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource solutions. Our key advantage is our broad view of two of the most important issues in our economy today: risk and people. Utilising this advantage, we’re driven to empower economic and human possibility for clients, colleagues and communities around the world.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you, and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
Following a key strategic review of Aon’s domestic wholesale broking channel, the business has restructured its operating model to build enhanced capability and a revitalised product suite to support the commercial and operational success of our distribution partners. An integral feature of this organisational change is the formation of a specialist underwriting agency which will be accountable for the enhancement of existing products and the drive for innovation in product development.
To enable us to continue to grow the Mobile Plant & Equipment portfolio we are looking to appoint an Assistant Underwriter to support a team of 3 experienced technical underwriters to help the business achieve financial targets and profitability levels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative assistance to the senior underwriters at all stages of the underwriting process
- Distributing quotes, finalising schedules, management of bordereau and a range of other activities
- Assist with gathering market intelligence that affects Mobile Plant & Equipment products, distribution, and potential growth
- Building rapport with and providing a professional and effective service to intermediaries and key stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will display:
- General insurance experience; exposure to underwriting and/ or commercial risk would be preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of commercial insurance is a requirement
- Strong communication skills and the ability to learn and understand technical matters quickly
- Passion for customer service excellence and the ability to build, develop and maintain strong relationships
- Strong teamwork and the drive to complete administrative tasks on time and to a high standard
- Adaptability, resilience and flexibility are important, under-pinned by a strong work ethic
This is an exceptional opportunity for an emerging general insurance professional to assist in achieving the key strategic business unit objectives in a period of growth and operational change. You will be an integral part in defining the shape of Aon’s product offering to third party distribution partners in this exciting time of growth.
Aon Culture & Benefits
With close to 1600 employees, we are the largest organisation of our kind in Australia. Globally, we have an employee base of 69,000 people working across 120 countries. This allows us to gather the best thinking from around the world and deliver solutions locally. We provide colleagues with the support to make an impact, a team that will inspire you to achieve, and on-going opportunities for development
A core business unit within Aon Risk Solutions, One Underwriting is a leading underwriting agency , providing insurance and risk management solutions and markets to our network of licenced general insurance brokers.
How to Apply
Make your mark, be part of a highly successful branch network and apply online today.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.
Job number: 2426430
Category: Claims & Underwriting
Location: Australia, VIC, Melbourne