DXC Technology Claims Officer in MELBOURNE, Australia
Essential Job Functions
- Enters insurance claims received electronically or in written form.
- Answers incoming customer calls regarding claim processing. Documents claim and associated history.
- Evaluates available information to validate claims. Verifies policyholder information, policy effective dates, premium status and verification of claim eligibility.
- Sends claim form to claimant for updating, correction or completion.
- Investigates simple to moderately complex claims and determines level or resolution if appropriate; advises claimant of status; assists in negotiating settlement and resolution of claim.
- Identifies need for additional information; contacts appropriate source to obtain needed information. Verifies beneficiary or claimant information if claim is warranted. Identifies payment amount and obtains required management approvals for payment. Processes payment.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Fellowship of Life Health Claims (FLHC) Certification preferred
- Two or more years of auditing, accounting, contracts or information technology experience
- Experience working with insurance and/or medical terminology
- Experience working with appropriate claims processing procedures and documentation
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Good communication skills to communicate with clients
- Good data entry skills
- Negotiation skills to interact with claimant
- Ability to keep sensitive and confidential material private
- Ability to work in a team environment
Job: *Third Party Administration
Title: Claims Officer
Requisition ID: 1700M70
DXC Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. DXC's commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.