Ericsson Junior Cloud Virtualisation Architect in Melbourne, Australia
Junior Cloud Virtualisation Architect
What does your future look like?
We are on the brink of the Networked Society - a technology revolution that will change the world for good through instant global connections and expanded freedom and opportunity.
Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Headquartered in Stockholm – Sweden, Ericsson is a publically listed company with more than 115,000 employees
More than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment and more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Technology is at the heart of our business. Ericsson engineers, researchers and scientists around the world are working on what’s next in information, communications and telecommunications (ICT).
A connected world is just the beginning. Your passion determines what comes next! Apply your ideas and insights to empowering people, business and society.
Come and discover what makes YOU + ERICSSON a powerful combination
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!
In this role, you will:
- Be involved with several key activities within our regional Telco Cloud Validation Lab.
- Be challenged in a multi-vendor, multi-service environment, with end-to-end deployment of the cloud resources and services.
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams in order to utilise the Cloud Validation Lab to:
- Coordinate delivery of Proof of Concepts for the region
- Deliver support to regional projects in the IT & Cloud domain
- Execute Validation and Verification Testing
- Provide training on Telco Cloud technologies
- Automate deployment and testing
- Conduct onsite and virtual customer demonstrations to regional operators of our cloud based offerings
- Manage verification, including introduction, new services compliance, analysis, testing, execution, evaluation, acceptance and database management
- Be involved with ongoing LCM activities related to the verification environment, including development of new testing scenarios
- Interface with Customer and Internal stakeholders.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- Two (2) or more years experience in the some of the following areas;
- Linux/Unix administration (familiarity with one of the following; Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Scripting (ability to develop scripts in one of the following; Shell, Perl, Python)
- Virtualisation software (use one of the following; VMWare Esxi (vSphere), VirtualBox, KVM, Hyper-V)
- Experience in cloud automation would be considered an advantage
- Cloud services experience (NFV, AWS, Azure, XaaS) would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience gained within an IT, Consulting or Telco organisation
- Eager to be involved in new exciting technology and projects with a reputable global organisation
- Strong communication skills
Ericsson offers a truly global company, with a diverse, performance-driven culture, an innovative and engaging environment and opportunities to work across borders. Our employees live our vision, core values and guiding principles – sharing a passion to win and a high responsiveness to customer needs that in turn makes us a desirable partner to our clients.
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-1st” projects for Australia's largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
We invite you to join our team as we work together to solve the world’s biggest challenges.
This position is located in Docklands, Victoria*.*
Follow us social media –
We will not be providing a work permit/visa for this position
Please Note: We are only interested in applications from individuals and are not interested in any speculative calls or submissions from Recruitment Agencies.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics. Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || No Selection || Melbourne || Consulting&SysInt;