Hilton Porter / Guest Service Agent - Part Time in Melbourne, Australia
A Porter / Guest Service Agent welcomes Guests, assists with arrival and departure procedures, offers current information to Guests as requested, and escorts Guests and messages for Guests to and from Guest rooms and other hotel areas.
What will I be doing?
As a Porter / Guest Service Agent, you will serve on the Guest Services and Front Office Teams to meet Guest needs upon arrival and departure and to provide a comfortable stay for Guests by accommodating requests for information and assistance throughout the hotel. A Porter / Guest Service Agent will complete the following tasks:
- Welcome Guests on arrival and assist them during their stay
- Manage Guest luggage
- Show guests to their rooms and explain the amenities and emergency procedures
- Receive and deliver mail and messages for the hotel and Guests
- Prepare the lobby information board on a daily basis
- Maintain current information on all hotel services as well as external locations, attractions, and landmarks in the hotel vicinity
- Provide support to the Concierge as required in cases of emergency
- Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and Guest service
- Ensure an efficient reception experience for Guests, including check in/out, and complete audit procedures, as required
- Maximize room occupancy and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Use the correct procedures regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash in accordance with the hotel credit policy
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Follow company brand standards
- Assist other departments, as necessary
What are we looking for?
A Porter / Guest Service Agent serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Previous experience in a customer-focused industry
• Positive attitude and good communication skills
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Calm, efficient, and organized with great attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining a positive attitude when working with a Guest
• Professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service
• Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
• Ability to handle heavy lifting duties
• Ability to work around a rotating roster including overnight shifts
• Competent level of IT proficiency
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Previous experience in cash handling
• Front Office/Concierge experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or entertainment sectors
• Conflict resolution experience
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Porter / Guest Service Agent - Part Time
Requisition ID: HOT04A3J