Microsoft Corporation Prin Development Mgr in Melbourne, Australia
TED Principal Software Development Engineer Manager
Following Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, the DX Technical Evangelism and Development (TED) team enables top companies and ISVs around the world to create scalable, resilient and efficient software solutions applying a smart mix of different technologies and platforms, including cloud computing, highly scalable data engines, hybrid networking and distributed messaging systems.
To achieve this goal, we are looking to expand our team with a versatile Software Developer Engineer Manager for the APJC region. The ideal candidate will demonstrate cutting-edge technical knowledge, leadership and customer driven passion to create cloud solutions by providing guidance and direction to a team of highly skilled individuals. The role requires a prominent executive presence, excellent communication and orchestration skills to build strong, influential relationships with partners and internal Microsoft teams.
As part of the role, the candidate will use previous industry experience to enable and promote a healthy and dynamic engagement with various engineering groups, providing partner feedback and influencing the roadmap for future product releases. Moreover, the candidate will have a deep understanding of internal and external environments to anticipate and pursue opportunities with significant business impact, facilitating for the team to contribute to key OSS and internal frameworks. Based on deep expertise developing software, the candidate will also identify opportunities for the team to present at top industry events and be recognized as leaders in their corresponding areas of expertise.
This candidate will be responsible for:
• Developing and driving new ways of thinking across Microsoft groups to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
• Provide alternatives to solve complex technical problems, integrating relevant variables, and holding self, team members and other technical leaders accountable for solutions.
• Leading efforts to develop commercially available solutions using OSS, Windows, Azure, Bing, and Office technologies with top engineers from across Microsoft the partner engineering teams.
• Promote participation in key OSS and internal frameworks that enable known scenarios for different industries.
• Working across Microsoft teams to influence the future product roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated experience managing deep technical developer teams in OSS and/or Microsoft technologies.
• World-class expertise in cloud computing, and a drive to promote a culture of continuous learning.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• A broad functional knowledge base to solve complex customer problems.
• A sense of commitment to end-to-end product or service quality, collaborating with external and internal teams.
• Strong knowledge of application development practices and a track record of working closely with a large development team.
• Experience leveraging and managing diverse culture, perspectives, technologies, and organizations to pro-actively respond to customer needs in an integrated and aligned manner.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development.
• BS/BA degree, Masters in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
• Able to travel 50% of time across APJC
The role will manager a team of 6 people across the APJC region. Travel of 50% would be required including regular APJC travel working with Microsoft internal sales teams and partners
This role would ideally be located in either Australia or Singapore.