Cisco Product Sales Specialist (Data Center Virtualization) in Melbourne, Australia
Product Sales Specialist (Data Center Virtualization)
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Area of Interest Sales - Product
- Job Type Professional
- Technology Interest Cloud and Data Center
- Job Id 1201344
What You'll Do
You will have strong proven experience in thefollowing primary responsibilities that make-up the role:
1. Engagement with the business & technicaldecision maker within the SP accounts with identified Data Center opportunitiesof applications, compute, storage and automation
2. Be on the forefront of understanding and beingable to communicate Cisco’s strategy and vision in this new technologydirection
3. Have the ability to build in depth businessexpertise in the underlying and associated technologies and architectures
4. Provide product expertise with business valuefor customers including ROI/TCO analysis
5. Contribute to the development of content andmessaging that emphasizes Cisco’s strengths in this market and resonate withboth the field, partners and customers
6. Ability to execute on a business plan to gainmarket share, build solid relationships with customers and internalconstituents
7. Product Sales Specialists will be responsiblefor gaining market penetration with the associated solutions as well asestablishing a breadth of reference accounts in a variety of verticals
8. Abilityto do business forecasting on monthly/quarterly basis and achieve annual plans
9. Articulate and positioning business value ofCisco innovative DC architecture solutions to meet customer requirements
10. Developing bill of materials that reflect thearchitectural solutions
11. Contributing to the Cisco response RFI, RFP andRFQ document that might be issued by customers
12. Develop yourself to be a trusted advisor and aleader in Data Center technology direction and innovation
Who You'll Work With
This position will play a critical role in enablingCisco to take Data Center Virtualization Solutions to market in areas of ServiceProvider IT, Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud, and Telco Cloud with NFV Solutions.The position of Data Center Product Specialist requires a balance ofsales/business experience and technical acumen. The successful candidate willbe working closely with Cisco Service Provider account team to develop anddrive growth of DC technologies. The role could include working on salesopportunities in the Service Provider segment.
Who You Are
You must have at least 10 years’ experience as aProduct Manager or Compute/Storage Specialist or pre-sales Technical with DataCenter vendors or equivalent experience in other related roles. You mustdemonstrate strong skills and experience in both Data Center technology areasand pre-sales areas:
A. DC Technology skills and experience (in at least5 areas): x86 compute hardware, Hyperconvergence, storage and data managementsystems, Openstack and other automation tools, Hypervisor technologies,Operating systems: Linux, Microsoft Windows, etc…, Understanding Enterpriseapplications and/or Development environments, big data (hadoop) infrastructure,private/hybrid cloud deployment;
B. Pre-sales skills and experience: goodcommunicator, self-starter, team player, good presenter, good organization,competitive (likes to win).
You must have a minimum bachelor’s degree in atechnical area or equivalent industry certification (e.g. CCIE)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovateeverywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smartcities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style withunique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works,lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have afew purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity thatfuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.