VMware Senior Systems Engineer vSAN in Melbourne, Australia
VSAN Systems Engineer
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Virtual SAN (vSAN) is a key component of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center strategy. SDS enables customers to achieve the agility, flexibility, and cost savings required for modern datacenters.
The vSAN SE sales specialist is responsible for driving vSAN standalone and vSAN on VxR HCI (Hyper-Converged Infrastructure) sales.
You need to be a technical domain expert in storage, who can plan & execute sales campaigns through our channel. Given the technical nature of our SDS software (stand alone or VxR), you will have to be a technical expert, comfortable working with Solutions Engineers, Systems Administrators, Storage Engineers, as well as channel sales representatives.
You will need to enable our sales team to sell our SDS software (standalone or VxR).
You will accelerate the sales cycle, overcome obstacles, answer technical objections, and be the technical expert in the room. You will need to whiteboard, demo, present technical material, qualify, and be able to engage senior IT personnel in discussing storage and virtualization technologies. You must have experience with storage, virtualization, and enterprise IT. Simultaneously, you must be sales savvy: plan & execute sales campaigns, drive bookings, and manage a quota.
The Technical Sales Specialist will work closely with Dell Enterprise field sales teams, Dell storage specialists, as well as VMware sales.
· Develop a business plan to drive sales through our channel partners in a given territory
· Be responsible for achieving sales targets through our partners, on a quarterly basis
· Plan and execute sales campaigns through the field teams
· Train & enable our field teams to sell VMware SDS software
· Help our sellers respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
· Design, articulate, white board, and present technical information to technical individuals
· Work closely with sales representatives & systems engineers on developing opportunities and closing deals
· Must communicate well, both oral and written communication
· Be an effective presenter & teacher, who can pitch & demonstrate VMware SDS software to channel personnel as well as end customers
· Participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our SDS value proposition
· 10+ years experience selling storage hardware and software with at least 5+ years in field sales
· Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales
· Must have expertise in SAN systems, storage arrays, VMware technologies, and technical storage industry knowledge. HCI knowledge is a plus
· Strong presentation skills, sales skills, and be a polished communicator who can train others.
· Must have experience working with technology channel partners, Dell, distributors as well as end users.
· Must be able to devise a business plan, organize channel sales campaigns, marketing campaigns and sales initiatives, all focused on the end goal of driving quarterly sales targets
· Must have an understanding of different storage technologies and vendors, and be able to position amongst them
· Must be comfortable working in a large, matrixed sales organizations
· BA/BS degree or higher
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.