Danaher Corporation Software Engineer in Melbourne, Australia
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. Visit LeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Provide software engineering support on projects to enable achievement of operational and strategic business objectives
- Execute software quality procedures,
- Design, Develop and Test software
- Develop and contribute to technical documentation
- Define technical procedures
- Maintain & configure development environments
- Maintain & configure test environments
- Provide detailed effort estimates for software design implementation.
- Provide feedback through development reviews.
- Provide software support consultancy to other business units within the Leica Biosystems Melbourne group
- Graduate or post-graduate qualifications in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Implementation experience with software development technologies subject to project needs.
Technologies will include:
o Microsoft .Net Framework C# with experience in developing applications using WPF and/or WCF technologies
o Experience in developing applications for Microsoft Platforms including Windows 7/8, Windows Server o Developing Database applications using SQL Server, PostgreSQL or similar
A solid understanding of the software development life cycle
Strong verbal, documentation and communication skills.
- Highly Desirable: *
Experience with the following tools and technologies NHibernate, Unity, Silverlight, NUnit, Profiling Tools, Nant scripting
- Agile practices: Pair Programming, Continuous build/integration, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience in the use of Configuration Management Systems such as Git and Subversion.
Experience working on medical applications or other highly regulated application domains
Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, submit your resume for consideration. http://www.leicabiosystems.com/about/careers/
Be sure to follow Leica Biosystems on LinkedIn!
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Science
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Asia Pacific Rim-Australia-Victoria-Melbourne
Req ID: ADV000594