Schneider Electric Solutions Engineer - Mechanical in Melbourne Notting Hill, Australia
Who are we?
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management and automation. We are dedicated to supplying our customers with safe, reliable and sustainable energy solutions. We invent technologies that will transform the places where we live, work and play.
What do we stand for?**
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
*What is the role? *
Based in Notting Hill, Melbourne, we have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our already impressive IT Division.This critical role is instrumental in providing technical support to the APC sales organization with regards to data centre solutions.Specific activities will include but not limited to:
- Provision of data centre solution technical design and technical support to the sales team
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge across the entire Schneider portfolio
- Possess a solid understanding of data centre best practices as well as integration of ancillary products - providing a comprehensive solution
- Delivery of technical proposals, presentations and training (external and internal)
- Actively support the sales team’s engagement with the consulting engineers
- Establish and deliver the customers technical requirements
- Comprehensive understanding of and ability to position the Schneider business value proposition for different partners and customer segments
You are someone who gets excited by innovation and wants to work for a values-based organisation. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills, attributes and experiences
- Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- You will be an expert in critical power application mechanical design, coupled with strong pre-sales experience
- Experience Visio or Auto-cad skills is essential
- Exposure to business and financial terms such as Capex, Opex, ROI, ROA, etc
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Strong technical report writing skills complemented by the ability to present to different audiences
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are passionate about our customers, our people, our business and our technology. We are positive in our approach to finding solutions that better our lives.
Primary Location: AU-Victoria-Melbourne - Notting Hill
Unposting Date: Oct 28, 2017, 9:59:00 PM
Req ID: 003QB0