American Express Senior Sales Manager in New South Wales, Australia
We currently have an opportunity to join the Large Market Global Commercial Payments acquisition team located in our Sydney office.
Working across the Global Corporate Payments business, you will be charged with selling Corporate Payments solutions at the ‘Enterprise’ level. Our solutions based approach expects you to sell the right solution to the client ensuring real value is realised and relationships strengthened. Our solutions are always centred on the client whether they are Payments, Travel & Expense (T&E) management or Working Capital based. You pipeline of opportunities will be both new and existing clients of American Express.
You will be required to identify, drive and close profitable new business acquisitions that are solutions based, not product centric. You will be skilled in creating and identifying new business opportunities, be comfortable with the management of longer term sales cycles and be well versed in pricing negotiations – individuals who are successful in these roles are expected to challenge the status quo to drive outcomes for their clients and the Large Market segment across American Express.
Principal Accountabilities: * Develop in-depth understanding of our prospects/clients, build relationships for success, influence prospect/client decisions, develop and execute against strategic sales plans. * Focus on winning new to American Express relationships. * Differentiate American Express value, develop in-depth understanding of the market and build/manage an effective pipeline. * Drive the sales approach internally with stakeholders and ensure that the necessary resources from all parts of the organization are aligned appropriately with our opportunities. * Manage leads and formal tender responses taking the lead from research, setting pricing strategy through to leading the effective implementation of the solution/account. * Develop and grow deep industry expertise and referral networks.
- A proven consultative selling ability in transactional, financial or B2B marketplaces.
- Ideally you will have an existing network across enterprise clients in the Australian marketplace.
- Strong Financial understanding – Ability to understand company audited financials & how to drive insights into ratios & their impacts on a large organizations growth/savings opportunities.
- Excellent commercial acumen, negotiation & influencing skills at C-Level across enterprise business in the Australian marketplace.
- Exceptional business writing skills
- Strong communication/presentation skills with broad range of internal and external customers
- Relevant tertiary education Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Title: Senior Sales Manager
Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Requisition ID: 17005996