Cisco Ecosystem Business Development Manager ANZ in North Sydney, Australia
Ecosystem Business Development Manager ANZ
Location: North Sydney, NSW, Australia
Additional Location(s) Melbourne
Area of Interest Business Development
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Internet of Everything
Job Id 1208914
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is the world’s leading Digital Transformation vendor in defining and delivering world class Line of Business (LOB) solutions to Customers, powered by its proven Partner Ecosystem, Joint Innovation, and Customer-In Selling approach.
Team Charter and Vision
Cisco is looking to “own the Digital Transformation conversation with customers” and new partnering models with our ecosystem are critical elements in our entry into verticals, industries and developing domain relevance in the eyes of our customers.
The Ecosystem Business Development team’s (part of the APJ Regional Partner Organization) charter will be to:
Create ecosystem digitization strategies and partner solution stacks within an industry to help Cisco address new buying centers and monetize market opportunities. We are collaborating with a wide range of Cisco organizations to build the partner maps and address these new relationships.
The team will help DEFINE and LEAD, how we integrate, execute, and scale the acceleration of Customer-In Selling motion between our Cisco and Ecosystem sales teams. Customer-In Selling will transform Cisco and will redefine partner relevance in the industry.
We will drive the adoption of Customer-In Selling by TRANSFORMING SELLING EXECUTION:
a) Discover Opportunity Connections - Connect Opportunity Dots - strategically connecting Ecosystem partners with Cisco opportunities to drive 1+1 > 2.
b) Co-Create Customer Capabilities - for our customers by identifying and inserting new disruptive ecosystem technologies.
c) Expand Partner Ecosystem by working with new partner types such as ISVs, IoT partners and Industry Partners that address OT (Operational Technologies) business drivers.
- Innovatively Scale Customer-In Plays - Scale Execution Plays - through innovative coverage and demand generation execution models to achieve replicable and scalable growth that displaces the competition.
What You’ll Do
This role is that of an ANZ Ecosystem Business Development Manager focused on the management and development of Ecosystem Partners in key sectors such as Financial Services, Energy, Transportation and Industrial IoT. The role will require excellent communications, business development and relationship skills. A proven track record as an individual contributor with virtual team management and orchestration experience is necessary. This role will focus on working with theater level Digital Transformation Teams, Enterprise Teams, Ecosystem Global BDM leads and Industry Advisors in the incubation, GTM, Solution and Business Model definitions for new and existing ecosystem partners.
This position will be part of the Regional Asia-Pacific Japan Partner Organization team and will be a direct report into the Director of APJ Partner Organization.
Who You are
1) Ability to jointly develop strategic ecosystem strategies for key sectors in ANZ such as Financial Services, Energy & Transportation, Industrial IoT with digital transformation teams, Industry sales advisors and leaders, partner business groups and extended global teams. An exposure to and understanding of disruptive new technologies in the Financial Services space (FinTechs, Blockchains etc.) would be advantageous but not compulsory.
2) Require extensive experience working with regional & cross-functional teams including sales teams, product business units, Marketing, and Operations, particularly stakeholders in the US/regional headquarters.
3) Driving the global governance and management of these ANZ based partners including recommended executive and global peering models.
4) New Initiative creation and GTM models with the partners to drive mutually beneficial business growth in prioritized verticals and must win transitions in security, IoT and software.
5) Building the relevant scaling mechanisms in ANZ including the co-investment models and relevant back office and demand generation models in conjunction with the marketing and operations function.
6) Prioritizing for the system engineering team the top initiatives working with the partner for joint solution development including relevant business case and investment justification and the go to market model.
7) Creating field education and enablement material with the Marketing organization about the joint solution offerings, the differentiating capabilities delivery models.
8) Build relevant engagement models with these key partners regarding joint services offering either in support of the joint solutions offerings or standalone services/managed services offerings.
9) Quarterly and annual forecasting and funnel management mechanism for the business across ANZ and Asia-Pacific in the event the ANZ partners have business globally.
10) Investment plan and priorities for ANZ to meet coverage requirements of partners either based inside ANZ or delivering offers globally.
Previous experience in creating, on boarding and developing complex partnerships and joint business plans that could span the Cisco value chain.
Knowledge of regional GTM models & ability to map partner ecosystem model with regional teams.
8-10 Years’ Experience in BD/Alliance /partner creation and management.
Experience in creating and participating in sr. level governance structures for ongoing management of partner relationships.
Ability to work equally as well with field sales and business unit leadership teams.
Strong knowledge of Australia and New Zealand markets - particularly key technology trends locally.
Knowledge of technology licensing models, IPR and commercial agreements.
Ability to work closely collaboratively with Business Development (Corp and Services) to build operating models for partnerships that could have significant joint investment.
Self-starter and keen technologist with a MBA preferred.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, andentertainment,to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.