Arup Fire Engineer in Queensland, Australia
Arup Fire has established itself as a global leader in fire safety. Our reputation is based on introducing new fire safety ideas and approaches for the complete spectrum of buildings and structures.
You will be working in a specialist team of experienced engineers covering a broad range of skills relating to the fire industry. You may have completed fire engineering related tertiary studies, or you may be a professional with a skill that complements fire engineering and able to bring the knowledge of your particular discipline to the team.
• Engineering degree or relevant experience
• Experience at successfully managing the delivery and financial performance of small projects or distinct parts of larger projects
• Experience in supporting technical developments within a team environment
• Proven ability to work as part of a team
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Strong skills in problem solving and innovative thinking
• Demonstrable experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams preferred
• Experience with CFD modelling or similar will be highly regarded, but not essential
• Candidates with membership of a relevant professional institution or working towards professional membership would be welcomed
The role would involve:
• Working as part of a team to achieve design aspirations and business requirements of clients and architects
• Producing clear and technically sound fire safety strategies for buildings, transport and infrastructure projects
• Presenting fire safety solutions to approving authorities
• Working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams
• Undertaking fire, smoke and egress modellingA career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Title: Fire Engineer
Requisition ID: BRI00003Z