Arup Hydraulic/Flooding Engineer in Queensland, Australia
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 13,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Due to the growth of our business and an expanded portfolio of projects, an exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated Hydraulic/Flooding Engineer to join our team.
As part of the Transport & Resources team, this role covers a broad range of skills relating to Hydraulic/Flooding design. The primary focus of this role is to contribute to developing the Water Consultant Field services of our business, supporting our clients and building a profitable Water team.
The Hydraulic/Flooding Engineer will undertake design, project management and consulting services within Water Consultant Field, in order to enhance the team’s portfolio of skills and expertise. In addition, the successful candidate will:
• Undertake hydrology and hydraulic assessments to inform the design of infrastructure projects such as highways and bridges (e.g. flood immunity, hydraulic capacity etc.)
• Mentor junior, less experienced engineers
• Review internal hydraulic and flood assessment reports
• Manage the flooding and hydraulic discipline components of projects
• Strong technical expertise in the fields of numerical modelling, hydrology and hydraulics, in particular:
I. extensive experience in developing 1D and 2D models using the following standard package: TUFLOW, MIKE suite of software, HEC-RAS
II. extensive experience in developing hydrological models using RAFTS, RORB etc
• Strong experience in delivering flood studies and flood impact assessments
• Knowledge of Australian legislation and standards for the development of flooding and hydraulic analysis
• Ability to independently undertake project and technical analyses, and report on results.
• Sound experience in the consulting engineering environment, including the ability to advise clients on cost-effective, sustainable solutions.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills (including formal and informal presentations, written communications and reports)
• Able to effectively manage workload even when demands are significant.
With recognised relevant tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, you will be able to demonstrate your experience in design, project management and implementation in your field, within a consulting business environment.
You will possess demonstrated excellent attention to detail along with high-level verbal and written communication skills. Additionally, you will have proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential.
Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership will be highly regarded.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, apply using the link below.
Title: Hydraulic/Flooding Engineer
Requisition ID: BRI00004P