Marriott Marketing Specialist in Queensland, Australia
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another - and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got - on property and off. When guests stay with us it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing to execute all marketing activities to ensure the hotel is creating maximum awareness, revenue, and ongoing support across all market segments.
- Manage and monitor the online marketing function including updating of relevant websites, databases and third party OLTA s and competitor website to source new promotional opportunities, third party communications regarding the resort profile and update content/imagery where required
- Maintain databases to ensure accuracy for marketing communications, sales and marketing annual strategy plan, produce reports and monitor other databases to analyse reporting i.e. cost, results, bounce backs, unsubscribes & ROIEOM reporting
- Communicate all sales and marketing activities to relevant departments within the hotel
- Monitor OLTA S, online, print
- Local area marketing/advertising and promotions via print and digital channels
- Actioning guest reviews via tripadvisor, OLTA s
- Liaise and develop relationships with internal and external clients.
- Administration for finance department back of house system (Starcom)
- Monitor brand standards throughout the hotel
- Identify new marketing opportunities for the hotel and in guest public areas
- Maintain hotel s media database, write resort media releases and monitor media clippings in an effort to reach media impressions goals.
- Manage the hotel s photo library and conduct photography shoots where applicable including updating new images via Marriott and liaising with Global
- Coordinate media, editorial and photo opportunities with local media contacts to promote marketing activities within the hotel.
The successful applicant will have:
- 2 years experience in Sales & Marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
This positions offers ongoing career opportunities, the successful applicant must have a lawful right to work in Australia.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Organization: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Requisition ID: 17001B58