Arup Mechanical Engineer - Building Services in Queensland, Australia
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground breaking projects around the world.
In this role, you will be required to provide support to the senior mechanical team and Building Services unit and be able to lead graduate level staff within the Mechanical Services discipline stream.
“It is not the wish to expand, but the quest for quality which has brought us to this position… to do work of quality, we must have people of quality. There are many kinds of quality, and there are many kinds of job to do, so we must have many kinds of people, each of which can do their own job well.” Ove Arup, 1970.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
• Hands on mechanical design for a range of projects
• Able to operate as lead discipline engineer role for medium scale projects
• Providing design calculations, drawings and specifications
• Construction supervision stage of projects
• Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision
• Project Management role for small projects
• Support and train graduate engineers
• Supporting the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirement.
Key Technical Skills
• Relevant engineering degree
• At least 5 to 6 years of design experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
• Working towards Chartership with Engineers Australia, or other equivalent professional institution.
• Be able to assist in the design and delivery of engineering solutions on projects.
• Knowledge of Revit or AutoCAD would be beneficial.
• Facilitate and co-ordinate design activities, processes and other technical standards within the Mechanical Services discipline on Projects.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is essential.
• Good planning and organisation skills.
• Good communications skills.
• Active participation within the global Arup Building Services skills networks
• Strong commitment and support of the firm’s compliance in maintaining ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 requirements.
Title: Mechanical Engineer - Building Services
Requisition ID: BRI000054