AECOM Civil Designer (Rockhampton) in Rockhampton, Australia
Business Line Water
Position Title Civil Designer (Rockhampton)
Australia - Queensland
Our Rockhampton Team is looking for a Civil Designer to join our Civil Infrastructure team. Not only will you work with technical experts as part of our close-knit, regional team, you will also have exposure to the greater AECOM network across Australia and New Zealand!
You will be responsible for producing detailed design and engineering drawings for various municipal infrastructure projects for our Rockhampton office.
Utilising your highly developed drawing and checking skills, you will liaise with lead designers and engineers to ensure accurate, timely and cost-effective project delivery. Planning and design projects will range from trunk water and sewage infrastructure, municipal road upgrades, waste management infrastructure and general structural drafting.
This role will give you the opportunity to work with industry specialists and be involved in contributing to building a successful business. As well as working with the senior members across the business, a key focus for this role will be mentoring, coaching and developing others in the team to assist them in achieving their full potential.
• 3+ years’ relevant working experience;
• Local Government and/or Consulting experience – highly desirable;
• Experience with a combination of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects including pipelines, pump stations and reservoirs - desirable;
• Experience working with Transport Main Roads (or similar) - desirable;
• Strong knowledge of Australian Standards, with experience in heavy industry and commercial structures also advantageous.
• Recognised Civil Engineer qualification (eg. Associate Degree, Bachelor of Engineering Technology, or equivalent);
• Full capability in computer design packages (AutoCAD, 12D).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 160517BR