Google Cloud Consultant, Infrastructure, Cloud Professional Services in Sydney, Australia
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Melbourne VIC, Australia; Sydney NSW, Australia
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Google Cloud Consultant, you will work directly with Google’s most strategic customers on critical projects to help them transform their businesses. Through your consulting and technical capability, you will be providing technical guidance and best practice expertise while working with client executives and technical leaders to deploy solutions via Google’s Cloud Platform.
You possess a diverse background with cloud solutions in areas such as IaaS, DevOps, Microservices, Containerisation, Storage, Networking, Security and OSS technology. As a Cloud Consultant you will architect and design systems, build out proof of concepts, and compare and contrast technology alternatives to deliver technical solutions and lead flawless implementations. Often you will need to stretch products to their limit to find their breaking points.
To be successful, you will know how to navigate ambiguity, have extensive experience working with cloud technologies, have technical depth and enjoy working with client executives. You also possess excellent communication and project management skills.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Interact with sales/partner leads and technical stakeholders to translate complex customer requirements into recommendations for appropriate solution architectures.
- Be a trusted strategic technical advisor to Google most strategic customers working with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful migrations to cloud solutions.
- Identify new product features and feature gaps, provide guidance on existing product issues, and collaborate with Product Managers and engineers to influence the roadmap of Google Cloud Platform.
- Deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership, methodologies and published assets.
- BS degree in a technical or engineering field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience and 3 years of experience building cloud solutions in designing or developing with cloud solutions across data and infrastructure services.
- Relevant experience in professional services or technical consulting with expertise in architecting and rolling out new technology and solution initiatives.
- Ability to travel (domestic and international) 25% of the time as required.
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins) along with system administration tasks in Linux, Unix, and Windows.
- Hands on experience supporting transactional database systems like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Experience in writing scripts in one or more languages such as Python, Go, or similar.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks.
- Understanding of open source server software (such as NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Strong customer-facing communication and careful listening skills. Proven success in and genuine enthusiasm for working directly with customer technical teams.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.