Microsoft Corporation CMO - Data & Analytics Leader in Sydney, Australia
Job Description Data & Analytics Team Lead
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
We are looking for a Senior Data & Analytics Lead who also will be a Data & Analytics Team Lead; to provide solutions and insights in to a wide array of customer focused problems including end to end funnel analysis, customer engagement, retention and consumption to join the Central Marketing Organisation (CMO).
The CMO is a marketing team with a wider marketing remit, which includes both Commercial and Consumer accountability and marketing excellence. CMO is responsible for bringing the modern marketing vision to life in each subsidiary, providing the commercial leadership and accountability we need to deliver connected sales and marketing as a reality for each and every team. The CMO creates a strong centre of gravity that bridges the work we do with sales segments and the focus we have on landing Global Demand Centers. The CMO also plans and executes consumer marketing campaigns and programs, embracing our modern marketing principles.
The Senior Data & Analytics Lead role is a senior role, reporting to the Centre of Excellence in the CMO, and provides Data & Analytics leadership within the subsidiary and is a team lead for the data & analytics experts to achieve business objectives.
The role will work closely to partner with the Commercial Marketing, Consumer Marketing, Business Groups (BG’s) and other key functions to elicit high-level requirements and play a vital role in marketing planning, customer targeting strategies, optimisation, identifying opportunities and return on marketing investment measurement. The successful person also needs a strong relationship with the Global Data & Analytics team to ensure we leverage best practice thinking and adopt impactful initiative’s. Development of subsidiary best in class data and analysis strategies and initiatives focused on connected sales and marketing, and sharing insights with other subseries and Corp.
To be successful, the Senior Data & Analytics Lead will use their analytical and problem-solving capabilities and have previous experience working with sales and marketing teams to drive business outcomes. Must have a deep understanding of marketing automation concepts and possess excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills and be comfortable engaging with sales, marketing and technical professionals.
This role adds value to the Marketing team by being a knowledge expert in the following areas;
• The technical structure and functionality of databases across Microsoft
• Privacy policies and processes
• Customer insight and analytics
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
The key competencies necessary for success in this role include:
• Act as the point for problem scoping, framing and applying appropriate data analysis technique to solve business problems
• Experience with Microsoft tools for data analysis, visualisation, advanced analytics and reporting
• Excellent communications skills and ability to manage conversations at a technical or business level
• Be a self-starter and effectively prioritise and manage workload
• Business analysis
• Experience managing senior stakeholders
• Good understanding of process and process mapping skills
• Customer journey mapping
• Campaign performance evaluation experience and report creation skills using Excel, PowerBI (or similar), marketing automation, Customer analytics experience, Technical skills – SQL, cubes, excel
• Provide opportunity, marketing ROI, and campaign analysis to support the business
• Participate in strategy/campaign development across the business to ensure campaign effectiveness, timely delivery and success
• Extracting data for campaign delivery
• Data cleansing and de-duplicated in order to ensure successful campaign delivery.
• Analysing and delivering information to the business including ad-hoc reporting, pre and post campaign reporting and ROI
• Ensuring standardized campaign set up, execution and reporting using Microsoft tools infrastructure
• Managing internal tools and systems, such as Execution Planning for campaign tracking and ROI. Helping users with the internal CRM system (GSX) as well as preforming updates and uploads.
• Updating and Uploading data in the various MS systems
• Marketing Scorecard/KPI tracking
• Implementation of marketing execution processes such as leads qualification and management, privacy, opt-in, opt-out
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to prioritise based on business needs
• Comfortable interacting across all levels of the business
• Comfortable with changes in direction
• Ability to think pro-actively and work autonomously
• Ability to identify new ways of utilising data to enhance marketing effectiveness
• Is analytical and a systems thinker, with strong and proven process orientation skills.
• Is a resourceful problem-solver, leveraging internal and external resources where and when needed to do what’s right for the sales teams, the customer and for the organisation.
• Working effectively within cross groups and teams.
Listening to internal customers (as opposed to telling/selling), probing for pains and opportunities, in an effort to meet or exceed their expectations.
Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 10+ years of appropriate data analysis technique to solve business problems
• Deep business analytical skills combined with visual, articulate communication ability
• Experience with writing user requirements and documentation
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Pivot tables
• Strong knowledge of SQL querying
• Has worked with CRM & database systems
• Problem solver and can-do attitude
• A solid understanding of marketing techniques, B2B highly desirable
• B2B Marketing automation understanding and experience
• Ability to collaborate and work through ambiguity in a timely manner
• Technical proficiency with business consulting experience preferred
• Someone who can provide strong examples of their work with commercial impact
• Examples of working with marketing and product marketing
• Experience in leading teams, as well as virtual teams, and rallying teams to deliver exceptional results
• Working across multiple stakeholders with real life examples of how you have done this in an organisation
• Experience of working with SLTs directly rather than just indirectly
• Managing programmes end-to-end aligned to clear and specific outcomes
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Willing to take on big challenges and see them through
• Passion for technology and doing the right thing for customers, partners and the community
• Accountable for commitments, results, quality
• Self-Critical, questioning and committed to personal excellence and self-improvement