Amazon.com Compliance - Australia Country Lead in Sydney, Australia
Amazon's global compliance program is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to lead its Australia program. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, platform, and relevant technologies.
The position is responsible for supporting the global compliance program at Amazon and ensuring compliance with all relevant trade, domestic regulatory requirements, hazardous materials, and product safety regulatory guidelines. This position will develop regional strategy, build new solutions and processes, manage and build an Australian compliance team, and support the ongoing operations for the regional compliance team. We are looking for a talented compliance leader who has direct experience with product regulations to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
Ensure regulatory requirements are met for new products and support other functions such as Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation, Marketing, Customer Service, and Legal.
Develop best-in-class processes and systems, and drive continual improvement.
Drive scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with relevant compliance requirements.
Build and lead a world-class organization.
Knowledge of compliance processes and the interplay with global supply chains.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· 8+ years of experience with at least 3 years relevant experience with Australia related regulations.
· Specific knowledge and/or experience of one or more of the following regulatory environments: consumer product safety regulations and standards: food, drug and cosmetic, toys, electronics; import regulations; private label product development.
· Previous experience with influencing, consultation/advisement and improving remote operations in Asia or Australia.
· Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
· Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must be able to use Excel, Word and other common desktop software applications. Must also be comfortable learning web applications and proprietary software.
· Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects.
Previous experience in tech, electronics, consumer goods, or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus.
· Ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions.
· MBA, JD or Masters/PhD in technical field.
AMZR Req ID: 548268
External Company URL: www.amazon.com