American Airlines Country Sales Manager, Australia in Sydney, Australia
Please ensure you already have the legal right to live and work in Australia before submitting your application for this role.
Job Level: 5
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: (including but not limited to)
• Leads and manages the sales team to ensure achievement of sales goals and revenue targets.
• Responsible for the direct day to day management for the Australia Sales team. This includes overseeing all procedural and administrative aspects of the company
• In conjunction with Asia Pacific Revenue Management, manages revenue and profitability forecasts for Australia. Responsible for revenue generation and building awareness of American through strategic sales and promotions.
• Assesses sales opportunities and utilizes sales resources to maximize revenue and profitability, with a strong emphasis on corporate sales. Produces monthly and quarterly reporting for use externally and internally to analyze accounts performance and achievement of established goals.
• Develops and implements key agency sales programs and provides monthly performance reports for internal and external review.
• Analyses and formulates new and enhanced business strategies that drive incremental revenue. Works closely with Asia Pacific Revenue Management to identify opportunities
• Work closely with Australia & New Zealand Marketing on advertising, promotional and customer entertainment initiatives
• Develops business plans and expense budget for the Australia commercial team
• Ensures compliance with all procedures and audit requirements
• Travels extensively throughout Australia and the Asia Pacific region to provide leadership and support; conducts regular employee review meetings
• Confers and cooperates with senior management in formulating administrative and operational policies and procedures
• Analyzes current processes and work flows and seeks ways to create greater efficiency, productivity and quality
• Reviews and analyzes expenditure, financial and operations reports to determine requirements for cost savings
• Cooperates closely with other Sydney-based colleagues (Airport Operations, Accounting and Marketing)
• Manages ad-hoc analysis as required and provides input to Asia Pacific Regional office
Core Competencies & Skills Required:
Strong leadership and motivation skills
Strong commercial acumen and extensive business to business experience
Ability and willingness to travel extensively both domestic and international
Superior organizational / planning, analytical and problem solving skills
Broad experience with leading a diverse multi-cultural team and demonstrated success in adapting to different cultural environments
Proactive business professional that thrives on challenging the status quo
Ability to work independently with excellent strategic and analytical skills
Strong administrative, negotiation and interpersonal skills
Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making ability
Self-motivated, and possess a positive attitude
Position requires high flexibility and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
Thorough knowledge of travel industry and American Airlines product, network and internal systems and processes
Job Level: 5
Requisition ID: 10369
Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. American Airlines, Inc fully considers all qualified applicants including those with a criminal history.