Microsoft Corporation Customer Success Leader in Sydney, Australia
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
As part of our transformation, one of our key areas of focus is the modernization of our sales motions. The Inside Sales organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses along with the traditional businesses. This organization is at the forefront of establishing a new sales model leveraging modern technology and big data and analytics to drive impactful demand response and targeted sales coverage.
Do you possess superior leadership, communications and consultative capabilities?
Microsoft is seeking managers with a deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join Inside Sales as a Customer Success Manager (CSM). As a CSM, you will manage a team of highly-talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. The Inside Sales Representative team consists of highly capable sales people that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way driving additional adoption and consumption of workloads across our latest cloud technologies.
• Build, motivate and mentor a high-functioning inside sales team to lead and drive sales conversations; hire new Inside Sales Representatives; typical team size of 10+ employees
• Lead team to actively engage accounts to drive services consumption and up-sell and cross-sell based on strategic plans and needs
• Accurately forecast, assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management
• Lead team members through example. Lead and coach team members through strong call coaching of their customer sales calls, demos and experience sessions over Skype for Business
• Coach teams to excel at opportunity management and forecasting accuracy to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly and quarterly engagements, e.g. through joint customer calls
• Coach team members in modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers, including coaching the team to engage in product demos
• Report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
• Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• 4+ years of technology related sales or business development experience; Experience working with or selling cloud solutions
• 2+ years of sales management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more. Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern demonstration tools
• Superior leadership skills with the ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers to improve
• Experience, background and confidence to initiate and drive business strategy discussions with C-level executives and business decision makers around industry drivers and workloads
• Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close, engage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success
• Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment
• Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world Sales