Google Data Analytics Technical Specialist, Google Cloud in Sydney, Australia
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud Platform is changing the way the world uses cloud computing by exposing our infrastructure. We’re growing very fast and looking for a Data Analytics Technical Specialist for the Solutions team within the Google Cloud Platform Business Unit.
You will use your knowledge and leadership of product management, industries, software and cloud computing to design solutions and take them to market. You will help drive awareness of our solutions at leading industry conferences and Google events. You will help decision makers understand the benefits of Google Cloud Platform to drive growth and customer success. You will be solving Big Data problems and building data warehousing solutions. You will also help customers leverage their massive data repositories and transform their business through advanced data analytics.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work as part of the Sales team to identify and qualify platform opportunities and determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them. Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Take responsibility for leading the technical project including such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on the integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure needed to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (i.e. infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), and the cloud market and competitive dynamics.
- Experience in data and Information Lifecycle Management; Experience with databases and with one or more of the following: Map Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala, SparkSQL, BigQuery.
- Ability to travel.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Extensive experience serving as a Technical Customer Engineer in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with developing Data Warehousing, batch or real-time event processing and ETL workflows solutions which could include architecture, implementing, tuning, schema design, and query optimization of scalable and distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML), understanding of DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, Load Balancing, VPN, VPC.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.