Hilton Executive Chef in Sydney, Australia
About West Hotel & The Dining Room by West Hotel
West Hotel Sydney, Curio Collection by Hilton is Sydney’s newest premium hotel, opening December 2017. Located near Barangaroo at 65 Sussex Street Sydney, West Hotel offers discerning corporate and leisure travellers a truly unique hotel experience with 182 designer rooms including four suites, a modern Australian restaurant and bar, a private meeting/dining room and stunning internal garden Atrium.
The All day dining Restaurant, The Dining Room by West Hotel, will be a relaxed, sophisticated dining experience.
The menu will consist of a carefully curated selection of modern dishes, along with classic favourites. Dishes will be nourishing and hero the flavours of locally sourced ingredients, mindful of sustainability, seasonality and produce origins.
About the role
As Executive Chef, you will utilise your creative flair and passion for food to create Sydney’s newest leading restaurant, which exceeds diner’s expectations.
You will be responsible for managing the kitchen team and food production, to create enticing and engaging food concepts that set The Dining Room by West Hotel apart.
Reporting to the General Manager and working closed with the Food and Beverage manager, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Create award winning menus balanced with a focus on sustainability and cost effectiveness
- Strong financial acumen, able to manage food and labour costs, and develop strategies and systems to reduce costs and wastage
- Lead and inspire the kitchen team
- Establish local supplier relationships and leverage of existing strong supplier and industry relationships
- Manage and maintain a clean, safe & hygienic working environment
- Lead from the front, sharing your exceptional cooking skills with your team and guests
This Position is for Australian residents only or applicants who have the legal right to work in Australia, visa sponsorship opportunities are not available.
What are we looking for?
- To be successful in this role, you should have a positive attitude, and the following minimum experience and skills:
- Previous experience as an Executive Chef, Head Chef or experience as a Sous Chef
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Ability to work within a team
Title: Executive Chef
Requisition ID: HOT04IQX