Google Financial Controller, ANZ in Sydney, Australia
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
The name Google came from ""googol,"" a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage accounting, internal and external reporting, tax and regulatory compliance as well as significant support for global tax and treasury functions.
- Support and work closely with the local management team where necessary and specifically, ensuring appropriate infrastructure to support the growth and strategic direction of the company.
- Collaborate with centralized regional and global teams, and manage work outsourced to various vendors and professional services firms.
- Support, guide and grow local team.
- BA/BS degree in Financial, Accounting or Business, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of working experience in public accounting and/or a technology organization.
- Experience in leading teams, and managing professional services firms.
- CA/CPA/ACCA or MBA.
- Experience with management of compliance requirements for entities in multiple jurisdictions.
- Professional financial background, with operation, technical and commercial skills.
- Understanding of the distinctions (government/regulatory/commercial/industrial) of the markets in which this role will operate.
- Strong communication skills in English and a second language.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.