Google Head of Brand Advertising in Sydney, Australia
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As Head of Brand Advertising you will lead a cross-functional team managing the development and strategy for growing Google’s brand advertising business across it's owned and operated properties and beyond. You will manage and coach your high-performing team and support them by forging relationships with the management of Google’s clients and agencies. You will work collaboratively with dedicated Strategy and Operations leads, Service providers, Marketing, Public Relations, Product teams, and Sales Directors to influence a range of senior cross-functional stakeholders.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Be a thought leader of the core Brand and YouTube strategy for the AU market and be responsible for achieving both long-term and short-term strategic business goals.
- Manage and grow a direct team consisting of product experts, operations teams and Sales Specialists.
- Influence the vertical strategy of Sales Directors to achieve strategic business goals.
- Build strong relationships with Google's key Product Management and deliver recommendations for product needs in-market.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external executive stakeholders and represent Google at targeted events, conferences and media opportunities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of combined experience in technology, advertising, management and consulting.
- Experience in online sales and business development.
- MBA degree.
- Extensive experience in the digital advertising industry or equivalently complex technology space.
- Experience leading high-performing teams preferred.
- Experience leading a business entity or business unit.
- Strong knowledge of traditional as well as contemporary/online marketing tactics and strategy.
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship-building skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.