Microsoft Corporation Inside Sales Manager in Sydney, Australia
Are you passionate about new technologies? Does the opportunity to work with customers to solve their toughest technological and business challenges make you tic? Are you an experienced sales professional with an understanding of software and cloud technologies, combined with superior leadership and communications capabilities? Are you ready to take the next step and lead a team of highly competent Inside Opportunity Executives in a state of the art inside sales environment? Microsoft's Inside Sales Centers are looking for you!
Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes and build the intelligent cloud.
Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We were recently recognized as the most attractive global employer and have been and continue to be known for our exceptional citizenship and community efforts. We have offices and career opportunities in all 50 US states and 250+ countries around that world.
We invite you to start the next chapter of your journey in our new, state of the art Asia Regional Center. As part of our team, you will help direct and develop the future sales force of Microsoft with career development opportunities into a variety of roles across the company in Asia and globally.
Be a part of a multi-generational, diverse and customer-obsessed team that demands excellence. Develop and apply your skills alongside the leading technology, marketing and sales experts with the support of a world class training regimen in a dynamic, fast-paced sales environment. And most importantly, achieve your personal goals and advance your career whether you are looking to build on your sales and consulting experience or exploring how to leverage your experience to dive into modern cloud.
Microsoft is seeking multiple managers with deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Regional Center as Inside Opportunity Manager. As an Inside Opportunity Manager, you will manage a team of highly-talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. The Inside Opportunity team consists of highly capable sales people that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way to deal close.
As an Inside Opportunity Manager you will lead your sales team to achieve and exceed the quarterly and annual sales quotas – both closing net-new business, as well as managing and growing Microsoft's existing book of business. You will set the targets for the team and track the performance of the Inside Opportunity Executive against individual and team level goals. You will be expected to hire, build, train and mentor a highly qualified team that utilizes modern selling and marketing techniques and tools to engage, communicate and develop a relationship effectively with key business decision makers. You will coach your team in customer listening, presentation and other business skills. These include reinventing sales productivity and business processes, creating a more intelligent cloud with solutions from Microsoft, and partners and driving more personal computing. Positioning these solutions in context of the customers’ business needs is essential.
• Build, motivate and mentor a high-functioning inside sales team to lead and drive sales conversations; hire new Inside Opportunity Executives; typical team size of 10+ employees.
• Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual team targets by generating sales pipeline, accelerating active opportunities and driving to close.
• Lead team to actively engage accounts to drive services consumption and up-sell and cross-sell based on strategic plans and needs.
• Accurately forecast, assess risk and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management.
• Lead team members through example. Lead customer sales calls, demos and experience sessions over Skype for Business to model and train employees.
• Coach teams to excel at opportunity management and forecasting accuracy to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly and quarterly engagements, e.g. through joint customer calls.
• Coach team members in modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach, sell to and manage Microsoft customers, including coaching the team to engage in product demos.
• Report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements.
• Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity and accuracy.
• Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles such as Sales Development Specialists, Inside Opportunity Executives, Technical Solution Professionals and Consumption Analysts to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle.
• Improve sales and technical competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth.
• Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors.
• Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience.
• Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional.
• 2-5+ years of technology related sales or business development experience.
• 0-2+ years of sales management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more. Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred.
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to coach team to successfully drive sales over phone, email, video and modern demonstration tools.
• Superior leadership skills with the ability to enable high performers to deliver and motivate under-performers to improve.
• Experience, background and confidence to initiate and drive business strategy discussions with C-level executives and business decision makers around industry drivers and workloads.
• Ability to identify the key aspects of a potential opportunity, nurture the opportunity to close, engage channel partners as needed and manage the customer relationship through success.
• General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual systems, processes, products and services quickly and accurately.
• Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
• Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Lync, Windows 8, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote and SharePoint); Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus.
• Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world.
• Must be able to legally live and work in the country for which you’re applying, without visa support or sponsorship.
You must be willing to relocate to a Microsoft Regional Center regional location within your country or region for at least 24-36 months.
In the mid-term, you will be able to continue to grow into manager roles in sales, technical sales, consulting, support and marketing within the company’s US or global locations, or continue in a career path in the Inside Sales Center.
Working Professional Proficiency in the following languages HIGHLY desirable: Mandarin and Cantonese. Multiple openings available. Sales