Microsoft Corporation Investment Controller in Sydney, Australia
Global Sales Marketing and Operations (GSMO) Finance is driving shareholder value in 60 subsidiaries and carries the local accountability for the financials as well as statutory and compliance matters across all segments and products. We:
• Land the company vision around the transformation of our business, consumption and customer orientation in the subsidiaries and externally.
• Drive strategic resource allocation and investments through local insights, ensuring optimal returns aligned with our worldwide strategy. Key focus is on New Business with an industry and workload perspective.
• Build trust to lay the foundation of long-term growth from a customer and shareholder point of view in a compliant way.
• Empower and inspire our people to lead and be part of top performing teams while providing diverse career opportunities.
This role will be based in Sydney, Australia. Australia is a Single Subsidiary Area. Microsoft Australia is a key enabler of the market IT growth through solid partnership with Governments, Enterprise, small and medium as well as IT partners and consumer partners of the region. The Australia Finance team has the responsibility to partner with sales and marketing teams, operations and fellow Finance counterparts in Corp.
Microsoft Finance is a truly global finance team and you will be part of the WW community of Investment Controllers to make each other great and build on each other.
The Investment Controller measures the return of investment of all investments made by Australia and/or Corp for Australia and uses this data to provide actionable insights to stakeholders in the business and in Finance to hold them accountable for long-term profitability and ensure company funds are spent in the most impactful way.
Culture & Behavior
You have a growth mindset, act as an entrepreneur that drives business impact, and continuously learn and innovate. You have a capability to actively contribute and build strong collaboration within diverse and virtual teams. You are action oriented and able to build and deliver strong results through others beyond the team as well.
You drive digital transformation in the finance function towards data driven (Machine Learning) forward-looking insights. You also engage directly with customers and business partners.
You simplify and inspire through storytelling and excellent communication skills.
Microsoft values and ethical behavior are a corner stone in our culture.
• Provide actionable insights to partners in the business (M&O Lead, Segment Leads, General Manager) and in Finance (Area CFO, Commercial Controllers, Engineering Group Controllers, Financial Controllers) to drive an ROI culture and discipline across the organization.
• Leverage standard methodologies of measuring ROI. Be the champ for ROI process across sub/Area.
• Focused on marketing, ECIF and local channel incentive funds, including Digital Win Room/Strategic BIF matching processes and local ECIF.
• Provide overview of all available investment sources and the analytics to the CFO and business partners to make decisions.
• Identify investment & disinvestment opportunities across the Area.
• Deliver Marketing & ECIF focused insights to the Subs/Area to ensure maximum ROI and strategic focus. Share learnings of prior investments ROI and drive improvements.
Key indicators of success
• High quality Marketing, ECIF and local Channel investment process
• Deliver ROI analytics to the Area CFO and M&O Lead for informed decision making
• Accurate forecasting of investment with no budget over/ underspend.
• Maximize usage of matching ECIF Strategic funds
• 10+ years of active experience in similar role
• Experience in Multinationals with multi-product/multi-segment finance roles is recommended
• Strong understanding of P&L financial impact
• Fluent in English
• BA/BS or MBA degree in Finance, Economics, CPA