Aon Corporation Lawyer - In-house in Sydney, Australia
This is an exciting 12-month fixed term opportunity to develop your legal career and join our committed and successful in-house legal team. Your dedication, passion and organisation skills will drive your success in this role.
You will be part of a team assisting the Aon Hewitt business both as a collaborative group of lawyers and as business partners. By delivering high quality legal advice and transactional services you will ensure confidence to Aon Hewitt that our consultants can deliver products and services to clients that are not only compliant but also minimise the risk of claims, complaints, errors and omissions.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and coordinating the management of insurance claims
- Reviewing and making recommendations in relation to Superannuation Fund Trustee reports
- Managing complaints & submissions lodged with Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
- Corresponding with insurers and external counsel for litigated claims
- Drafting and reviewing Agreements and Deeds in relation to claims
- Providing general corporate, commercial and technical advice to business divisions that comply with Legislative and Regulatory provisions
- Reviewing product publication materials and member communication materials for business divisions within Aon Hewitt and Superannuation Fund Trustees
- Assisting business divisions with copyright advice and applications for trademark registrations as well as providing advice and recommendations regarding protection and enforcing trademark and copyright ownerships obtained by business divisions within Aon Hewitt
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified Lawyer with relevant experience in private practice or an in-house financial services environment. Ideally you will have 2-4 years relevant legal experience.
We are also looking for an individual who has:
- Enjoys working both in a team environment and as an individual in a disciplined and accountable manner
- Proven research and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to develop and maintain extensive knowledge of financial services legislation, superannuation legislation and the superannuation system and trust law
- High degree of personal and professional motivation
- Sound knowledge of relevant software applications such as Microsoft Word, E-mail, Excel and PowerPoint.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource consulting and outsourcing solutions. We help organisations save money by mitigating risk in their workforce and make money by realising the untapped potential of their employees. We also help individuals maximise their wealth to enable people to live the life they want. The Aon Hewitt Legal Services Group is a small team of lawyers who provide legal advice and drafting services to the Aon Hewitt business in the Pacific Region: Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Aon is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource solutions. Our key advantage is our broad view of two of the most important issues in our economy today: risk and people. Utilising this advantage, we’re driven to empower economic and human possibility for clients, colleagues and communities around the world. At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you, and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.
Job number: 2427448
Category: Legal & Compliance
Location: Australia, NSW, Sydney