BlackRock Legal Counsel - Vice President in Sydney, Australia
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At September 30, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares ®(exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions ®. As of September 30, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter:@blackrock_news| Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
- To support BlackRock’s Australian business through the provision of high quality and commercially focused legal services.
- To manage the Company Secretariat function for BlackRock.
- To ensure that BlackRock continues to be regarded by regulators and peers as a company with high compliance standards and strong legal acumen.
- Manage the Company Secretariat function for BlackRock including coordinating and preparing minutes for monthly board meetings.
- Provide high level, complex general and specific legal advice to the business in relation to our funds management business. This will include coverage of both retail and institutional areas in trading, product development and administration, marketing and general corporate.
- Advice on Product Issues (including significant involvement in the product development process, fund registration, disclosure documentation and marketing).
- Contractual drafting, negotiations and administration (including IMAs and vendor/service Contracts).
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Qualification in Law. Admitted to practice in an Australian jurisdiction or equivalent regulatory regime
- Prior experience (equivalent to 8 or more years) as a legal practitioner in the financial services industry (whether in private practice or in an in-house role).
- A thorough knowledge of the law as it affects the managed funds industry as well as the general corporate laws and regulatory requirements (including specifically familiarity with Corporations Act (Chapter 5C & 7 in particular).
- Awareness of developments in the funds management industry that have the potential to impact on the business.
- Some experience in the negotiation of ISDAs and Futures Agreements desirable but not essential.
- Company secretary experience desirable but not essential provided candidate is able to demonstrate experience relevant to the area of work and minute taking.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Job Function: Legal/Compliance
Organization: L&C-APAC Legal
Title: Legal Counsel - Vice President
Primary Location: Asia Pacific-Australia-Sydney
Requisition ID: 171479
Job Posting: Jun 5, 2017, 11:00:00 PM