Amazon.com Merchant Product Manager in Sydney, Australia
Are you familiar with product and project management? Do you identify yourself with our motto "work hard, have fun, make history"? Amazon is growing in Australia: grow with us!
Amazon is currently expanding in Australia and is looking for an analytical and ambitious candidate for our Third Party (3P) business.
As Merchant Product Manager, you will be in charge of projects that contribute to long-term success, improving customer experience, supporting growth. Responsibilities include expanding our product selection, improving product availability, building strong relationships with key partners (both internally and externally) and driving improvements to the Amazon third party platform. This role will have a high degree of autonomy and will be able to influence across a broad range of projects across the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Take the lead in projects that will support the launch and growth of Amazon Merchant Services in the new country
· Interact with and influence senior Amazon leaders
· Provide business analysis and recommendations, to support strategic planning and goal setting
· Work with the category teams to identify gaps in the current 3P selection, analyzing product/category distribution and market data
· Set business forecasts and ensure weekly update as to status against this
· Manage relationships with key accounts to maximize long term relationships through data analysis, performance tracking, and other activities
· Troubleshoot issues and identify possible solutions
· Deliver ongoing operational improvements
· Fluency in English
· Minimum 4-5 years’ experience preferably in product management, sales management or management consulting
· Highly organized and results oriented.
· Strong analytical skills (including advanced excel and database analysis).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
· A great deal of personal initiative and strong hands-on attitude along with creativeness, decisiveness and results-driven mentality for a business-focused way of thinking.
· Proven project management skills, customer focused, extremely detail-oriented, and able to effectively prioritize and multi-task.
· Proven experience in developing original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual, or difficult situations in a competitive and ever changing business climate
· MBA from top tier institute is highly preferred
· Experience in e-commerce is advantageous
· Knowledge of SQL
· Experience in retail and/or a technology / eCommerce business preferred but not essential
AMZR Req ID: 548687
External Company URL: www.amazon.com