Amazon.com Music Curator in Sydney, Australia
Amazon Music is looking for a music curator to help drive customer engagement through the creation and maintenance of playlists and streaming radio stations and related curatorial tasks crucial to the quality of the Amazon Music customer experience in Australia.
This position will work closely with the Site Merchandising and Marketing teams on customer-facing initiatives and activities, and with the Product team to ensure that our user experience provides a best-in-class customer value proposition.
The Music Curator will create and support key components of our service offerings.
This person will:
· Use data, research, and expert-level knowledge of wide-ranging musical genres to create and refine high quality curated content including playlists and streaming radio stations
· Gather, analyze, report, and act on customer engagement and content usage data
· Research the needs of specific customer segments and apply findings to craft tailored content for those audiences
· BS/BA required
· 3 to 5 years in work experience in music curation, radio programming, or A&R
· Proven success in delivering results in a fast-paced, rapid-growth environment
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
· Ability to set aside his or her own tastes and biases to curate music for a broad audience
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Results oriented
· Flexible and nimble, able to swiftly react to a shifting landscape
· Knowledge of current trends and history in both music and the music industry
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
AMZR Req ID: 543529
External Company URL: www.amazon.com