Microsoft Corporation Partner Sales, AU in Sydney, Australia
Make Microsoft Advertising part of your career story! Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
The Display Advertising team drives advertising revenue for multiple Microsoft publishers including MSN, Xbox, Outlook, Windows and Skype. The Channel Manager for APAC, plays a pivotal role in supporting Microsoft’s Display advertising solutions. The Channel Manager holds all-up commercial oversight and strategic accountability for the APAC region by working with partners including AppNexus, Nine Digital and other local sales partners to drive optimal yield and revenue across our advertising products.
Microsoft’s success relies heavily on strong external revenue driving partnerships. The Channel Manager provides critical leadership and direction to our external partners and supports them in developing a robust and viable business representing Microsoft online products in their local markets.
The Channel Manager plays a critical role in representing Microsoft’s Display advertising business not just with sales partners, but also functioning as an ambassador with external agency and advertiser customers, as well as with internal Microsoft stakeholders. The Channel Manager is also a key partner to the Search business in the region.
The key deliverables for this role include managing external partners and giving internal product feedback to drive maximum revenue in each market. The business environment demands that the CM demonstrates a highly developed capability to plan and manage for both short and longer-term goals.
Success in this role relies on the ability of the Channel Manager to create a robust business growth plan and to lead the implementation and execution of the plan with external partners, to achieve sales results. The ability to motivate and achieve results through others is key to success in this position.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Commercial Oversight and Accountability
• Work with sales partners to drive optimal yield and revenue across the advertising portfolio in the APAC region by:
o Developing and executing market strategies and tactics
o Understanding the key advertising market trends including how to maximize revenue through Reserved, PMP and RTB buying, and communicating insights back to Microsoft
o Partner closely with external partners to represent feedback and adjust sales strategies as necessary to respond to market trends.
Partner Agreement and Relationship Management
• Develop external partnership plan by market inclusive of internal partner feedback such as MSN and Business Development
• Through an understanding of customers, competition and markets, create an annual Partner Development/Growth Plan specifying business mix and resource requirements.
• Manage the partner recommendations and work through Business Development on the re-negotiation of agreements as required
• Monitor Partner Satisfaction and create and coordinate action plans to improve satisfaction
• Develop strong internal partnership and ROB with internal publisher partners, like MSN
• Create and implement standards on governance of external access and security
Sales Execution and Sales Management
• Collaborate with Finance and external partners to set annual targets; monthly/ quarterly forecasts.
• Drive revenue accountability ROB with partners through daily/ weekly calls; monthly MBU’s.
• Create scorecards to capture and report regular metrics on all aspects of APAC regional display advertising business performance.
• Provide revenue forecasts to Finance in the agreed format and actively monitor and manage the sales pipeline within the region
Provide leadership to local external partners to help them to build and develop their organizations and teams
Partner Enablement and Product Go-To-Market
• Understand local market requirements, identify gaps in capability, and develop business cases to deliver those capabilities
• Influence and land product catalogue and monitor packaging (packages, pricing, floor rates, exceptions to floor).
• Evangelize GTM product content available through enablement channels and drive external partner engagement and adoption
• Operate in an advisory capacity across all external partners in the region, and identify opportunities for growth/ leverage best practices between partners
Represent Microsoft and Role Model
• Represent Microsoft’s advertising business internally within the company, and act as an ambassador/ spokesperson within industry events
• Support external partners in key customer opportunities to support top revenue generating agencies/ advertisers.Represent Microsoft’s interest and articulate value proposition of Microsoft digital advertising across Reserved and Programmatic display, and act as key support to Search advertising team as needed.
Team Leadership, Personal and Professional Development
• Manage a team of two Partner Specialists, who are responsible for assisting with execution across Partner Relationship Management, Sales Execution, and Partner Enablement. Continuously evolve personal and professional capability in line with business needs.
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience related to online and offline advertising industry inclusive of deep expertise across Ad Technology, PMP and RTB buying motions
• Sales Management or partner revenue driving experience and evidence of ability to drive and manage profitable relationships with partner organizations
• Proven experience establishing strong collaborative relationships across functional organizations and geographic regions
• Strong business communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to successfully influence external partners, colleagues and Sr. Leaders
• Highly motivated, flexible self-starter willing to “roll-up up their sleeves” to effectively overcome hurdles and drive business results
• Bachelor Degree is preferred, or strong practical marketing experience
• Proven ability to influence “deep and wide” within large, complex organizations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sales