Google Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, Google Cloud in Sydney, Australia
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
You are a Solutions Architect with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills to join our Cloud team. Your experience with cloud platform and infrastructure products, office productivity and mobile applications will be on display as you engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements. You should be a confident presenter with excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively present Google Cloud’s offerings.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with our teams to identify and qualify opportunities trends and market solution areas. Excel in developing key strategies to solve complex technical scenarios.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include such activities as supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud's products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud's value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing “best practice” advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud's effectiveness
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in a cloud computing environment serving in a technical pre-sales or solution architecture capacity, or equivalent customer facing experience.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Big Data, SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS technologies - Application development on Web 2.0 development platform, solutions, and related technologies (web services, XML/JSON etc) - Infrastructure & DevOps - infrastructure knowledge such as enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Load Balancing), virtualization, migration and configuration management.
- Experience architecting, deploying or developing solutions for scalable, distributed systems, cloud or virtualization.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management - especially as it relates to big data trends and issues within businesses.
- Hands-on experience using and/or managing databases, or cloud technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of: Architecture patterns and technologies relating to web and mobile applications development (microservices, REST and frameworks such as Django, Flask, Struts), Backend as a service for cloud-connected applications, including mobile and web - Container and virtualization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos etc.)
- SaaS solutions e.g. productivity and collaboration suites Distributed / scale out architectures on IaaS and PaaS on public cloud.
- Understanding of network identity management systems to include SSO, SAML, LDAP, Kerberos.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.