Aon Corporation Project Manager (contract) in Sydney, Australia
We are embarking on a large scale project to modernise our core system within the Aon Risk Solutions business. The project is one of the most significant we have undertaken and will ultimately enhance both user and client experiences.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join us on an 18 month fixed term contract to work with stakeholders and vendors across the business to successfully deliver the benefits and expectations of this transformation project.
Your impact and contribution will include:
- Collaboratively work with project and business stakeholders to plan, design and deliver the project with focus on technology design, build and rollout
- Direct and manage Aon’s primary technology partner in terms of design, build and rollout
- Use best practice knowledge (e.g. PMBOK) and hands-on experience to setup and maintain all aspects of project management.
- Direct and manage project resources (from various teams and locations) as appropriate
- Use strong stakeholder management skills to influence and facilitate project outcomes
- Support and uphold program/project governance and prioritisation activities, as necessary.
- Provide accurate and concise reporting to management, finance and project stakeholders
- Proactively build strong relationships with colleagues, team members and the business.
We are also looking for an individual who has:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Delivered similar projects, ideally within the insurance industry
- Successfully managed technology vendors/partners on system integration projects
- Proven abilities to manage scope, risk/issues and decisions via a strong governance model
- Understanding of change management strategies and techniques
- A degree in either Project management, Business or Technology
- Drives collaboration between project resources and relevant business stakeholders
Aon is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource solutions. Our key advantage is our broad view of two of the most important issues in our economy today: risk and people. Utilising this advantage, we’re driven to empower economic and human possibility for clients, colleagues and communities around the world.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you, and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
Not the right role for you? Join our Talent Community or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer and we invite you to be part of an organisation that has a diverse workplace, values continuous learning and supports many charities and environmental initiatives.
Job number: 2434200
Category: Business Services
Location: Australia, NSW, Sydney