Forrester Research Associate in Sydney, Australia
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
The Research Associate is a critical member of Forrester’s research team and will play a key role in our efforts to strengthen the Asia Pacific research team. The successful Research Associate is self-motivated, methodical, and well organized; confident when dealing with a wide variety of people; comfortable with data gathering and manipulation in Excel and SPSS; and able to synthesize data into clear and powerful presentations as well as coherent written arguments. Qualified candidates display strong numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills; have accurate and clear written skills when producing questionnaires and reports; and are ready to take on new challenges with enthusiasm to learn and grow.
The Research Associate works directly with a team of research directors and analysts who research, write, and publish reports to help make business and technology professionals successful in their roles.
• Provide timely and value-added research support for designated analysts, and provide backup to other analysts on the team.
• Assist in the creation of survey questions and fulfillment of surveys to collect data.
• Conduct primary research with end users and technology vendors.
• Conduct secondary research for published reports using industry sources, including competitive assessment and third-party data analysis.
• Assist analysts in conducting research, analyzing findings, and producing reports and presentations.
• Assist in the building of analytical models, maturity models, self-assessment tools, etc.
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with research directors and analysts.
• Provide support for presentation and graphics creation for Forrester events, consulting, conferences, webinars, etc.
• Manage press and vendor community contacts.
• Learn and be responsible for quantitative work with Forrester’s data.
• Coordinate use of social media platforms (blogs, Twitter, online community) in the research and publishing process.
• Help the marketing and sales force understand published and upcoming reports — this may include giving short presentations and suggesting appropriate reports for potential clients.
A strong track record of academic achievement; a bachelor’s degree at a minimum, with a concentration in marketing, statistics, computers, economics, or engineering. Although experienced professionals will be given preference, recent graduates can also apply.
• Good numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Confidence when dealing with a wide variety of people.
• The ability to work with a team and handle multiple tasks.
• The ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision and as part of a global research team.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Attention to detail and the ability to build reusable resources like survey questions and formatted data outputs.
Typical candidates are:
• Outgoing and personable.
• Able to deal with a wide range of personality types pleasantly.
• Engaging on the telephone.
• Outspoken and articulate in writing and speech.
• Proficient in touch-typing.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to:
Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.
External Company URL: www.forrester.com