Google Retail Operations Manager, Google Hardware, Australia and New Zealand (Full-time/Part-time) in Sydney, Australia
This role can be worked both Full-time and Part-time. Talk to us about how this job could be designed for you.
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As Australia and New Zealand Retail Operations Manager, you will work under the guidance of the Head of APAC Retail Operations and will be accountable for day-to-day operations of Google in-store activities for Australia and New Zealand. This includes Carrier Retailers, Big Box and other Consumer Electronics and Specialty Retailers. You will ensure that any customer who interacts with our fixtures and products has the opportunity to experience the magic of Google’s hardware, software, and services, and to find a device that fits their needs.
You will be responsible for ensuring our vendors and retailers are equipped to support Google hardware, OEM partner devices powered by Google and G Suite. You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, and Product Management to implement an exceptional store operations program that is scalable globally. Ultimately, you will help build a portfolio that consistently meets standards for merchandising, compliance and other key performance metrics that drive business growth, an enhanced customer experience, as well deep customer loyalty of the Google hardware portfolio. You will work toward strategic targets and be responsible for supporting retailer sales.
The Hardware Sales Operations team is responsible for the business planning and sales forecasting process throughout a hardware product’s lifecycle, from conception to end-of-life. We work with a variety of stakeholders from sales to supply chain to marketing, to launch new products with our third-party partners as well as with the Google Store.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google support experience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Ensure the successful implementation and ongoing management of all customer programs and new products and services.
- Manage third-party vendor resources to deliver upon service level agreements (SLAs) and other agreement terms. Design and drive target management programs and deliver on goals.
- Distill insights and pursue improvements based on analysis of key performance metrics.
- Manage day-to-day store operations for Google’s retail presence, and travel as required.
- Work with vendors and ensure consumer insights are collected and elevated to the regional and corporate teams in actionable formats in order to drive the business forward.
- 10 years of experience in retail. Experience with in-store process execution.
- Experience in strategic retail business management, within retail operations related topics, including retail compliance.
- Experience managing and driving third party retail operations across telecommunication carriers or other retail partners in multiple locations.
- Experience in consumer electronics retail store operations.
- Experience in vendor management and/or agreement negotiations.
- Ability to perform business analysis to drive insights and actions.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.