Google Sales Engineer, Google Cloud (JAPAC) in Sydney, Australia
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with teams to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share expertise to support technical relationships with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a technical sales engineering role in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience in technical advertising solutions and big data analytics.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience in digital marketing with big data solutions (DoubleClick Data Transfer/Match Table, Ad Exchange Real Time Bidding, Attribution Modeling, etc.).
- Experience in Google Marketing product APIs (DoubleClick Campaign Manager, DoubleClick Bid Manager, AdWords, etc).
- Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Ability to work with new technologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space. Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.