Google Sales Engineer, Networking, Google Cloud in Sydney, Australia
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
You will use your technical knowledge and leadership skills to make compelling presentations of Google’s Technical Infrastructure and Cloud offering to a broad customer base. Your enthusiasm, technical and business depth, and excellent presentation skills will help decision makers understand the benefits of Google Cloud Platform to drive growth and customer success.
We are actively looking for technical talent to join our Google Cloud Platform Sales Engineering (SE) team. You will become a trusted advisor to our clients and prospects and help clients get as much value out of our platform as possible. Customer Engineers should also be a strong ally to the account team, using both technical and business skills to move forward as efficiently as possible.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Take responsibility for the technical aspects of the business cycle including activities such as technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with Google Cloud products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments and assist in business development activities to educate the Customer Engineering team on new products and solutions.
- Work as part of the Sales team to identify and qualify platform opportunities and determine if Google Cloud Platform is right for them. Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud Platform value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and RFI response documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud Platform effectiveness.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in networking domains, including Software-Defined Networking, Network Virtualization, Open Protocols, Application Acceleration and Load Balancing, DNS, Virtual Private Networks.
- Experience within the cloud industry and ecosystem.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- 5 years of experience in technical sales engineering in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience in managing large and complex network implementations.
- Experience with Linux Networking, Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
- Advanced knowledge of network security architectures including IAM, VPN, and NGFW. Knowledge of service provider and data center routing.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.