Amazon.com Sales Merchant Manager in Sydney, Australia
Are you familiar with sales and account management or with business development? Do you want to further develop your career as a team mamager? Do you identify yourself with our motto "work hard, have fun, make history"? Amazon is growing in Australia: grow with us!
Amazon is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to drive and lead the team recruiting sellers within one or more product families in the new Amazon marketplace in Australia.
The successful candidate will lead a team of New Account Managers and Key Account Managers recruiting and launching online sellers on Amazon's marketplace and helping them expand and grow their businesses by partnering with Amazon. The Sales Manager will be responsible to deliver new business growth and maximize revenue generation across selected product families. Operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment, the successful candidate will have full responsibility of the team performance and of achieving business and financial objectives.
As part of the role, the Sales Manager will need to analyse sales and traffic data to identify opportunities to help existing sellers succeed on the marketplace and provide competitive knowledge towards the generation of leads to recruit new sellers, both national and international. Likewise, the Sales Manager will work with a wide range of internal stakeholders both within and outside the country to support the consolidation of existing and development of new services. The successful candidate will need to take the lead in strategic projects that will drive business growth and shape the future of Amazon Merchant Services. The Sales Manager will need to work closely with Retail Category Managers to identify long term and short term growth opportunities for each category.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Manage and develop a team of up to 2-8 Account Managers to deliver on financial goals for Seller Recruitment and Seller Account Management in the Marketplace business
· Achieve business and financial objectives and lead the growth of Amazon’s third-party business in selected categories
· Identify opportunities to improve the Marketplace business for all sellers through scalable solutions and manage the roll-out of these solutions
· Act as the country lead for one our critical Account Management programs - presenting on performance (Quarterly Business Reviews), driving consistency across the WW teams
· Share learnings with your global counterparts (EU, US and Asia teams) to drive best practices and to identify new opportunities
· Conduct deep dives to understand root causes of team performance and actions to accelerate growth
· Work closely with Category teams to identify category specific growth opportunities, presenting at Category monthly business reviews
· Identify and manage projects to improve customer and seller experience, working closely with internal and external teams
· Fluency in English
· Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering or related degree required. Post-graduate education is recommended.
· 5-7 years of working experience in management consulting, product management or sales management
· Track record in people management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to explain complex concepts simply
· Strong analytical skills (including advanced excel and database analysis)
· Ability to drive successful projects with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels.
· Experience solving analytical problems, either in professional experience (data analysis) or education
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
· Highly organised and results oriented
· High level of academic achievement at degree level. MBA is from top tier institute is highly preferred
· Ability to work with legal, product, and internal business owners to reach mutually beneficial agreements
· Strong business judgment, proven ability to influence others
· Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM tool
· Creative, has initiative, and can constructively advocate on behalf of the customer
· Experience in retail and/or a technology / eCommerce business preferred but not essential
AMZR Req ID: 548688
External Company URL: www.amazon.com